Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • What current song on the radio makes you turn it off?
  • zippykona

That bloody awful maroon 5 one.
    Sorry to be so negative but short of letting down their tyres I have no other means of venting my anger.

composite
    Free Member

The only radio I to listen 5 Live. 😐

binners

I think I’ve found your problem. Simply avoid listening to any Radio station that would put Maroon 5 on the playlist.

I loved the Story told by Noel Gallagher that at the Mercury awards, the lead singer of Maroon 5 shook his hand and said ‘you’re the reason I got into music’, to which he replied “**** off! You’re not holding me responsible for that!”

😆

scaredypants

Oh, dear God – composite, you listen to 5L after 9am ? 😯

“should footballers be allowed to eat children ? – let’s have a heated debate”

6music after 9 and before 5L becomes safe again (drive; early evening). 6music again after the kids have buggered off to bed

(in answer to the OP; any “badass gangsta” 🙄 **** his ego about poppin caps in people’s asses etc)

Bagstard
    Free Member

Anything by maroon 5, flow rida and mmany many others.

fathomer

The PA system at work plays Capital on Mondays, pretty much every song on that station makes me want to pull the speaker out of the ceiling! What makes it worse is they only have probably 10 songs on the playlist so are played over and over. Dis liking the teeny booper rubbish makes me miserable according to the 40 year old woman that sits two desks up!

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

I only listen to 6 Music – they only play decent music.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

skyfall.

dire drivel.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Gangnam style is at the top of the list of many.

honourablegeorge

Just imagine how crap the first four Maroons must have been

hp_source

That Robbie William thing…. ffs give up fella

ourmaninthenorth

The only radio I to listen 5 Live.

Radio 4 in the car. Radio 3 and 6Music at home.

Why would anyone turn any of that off?

cooie

Maroon 5, they really are sh!te. Singers voice sounds like it’s permenantly going through a vocoder!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anything that isn’t R3, R4, R5LSX, Planet Rock and (occasionally) Classic FM.

yunki
    Free Member

Radio has killed my love of music..

Hanging around with DJs and musicians my entire life has made me a pretty lazy music lover..
    I have always relied on those around me to be playing the best music..

So as a busy parent at home with the kids all day, radio should be the soundtrack to their childhood.. but trawling through the BBC radio network makes my skin crawl and bile rise in my throat.. I’ve never got on with classical music, but classic FM is about all I can stomach on the airwaves.. and even that sounds like a compilation CD of beginners guide to pop classics.. It’s no wonder our country is in the state it’s in..

My 3 year old son endorses this philosophy wholeheartedly too, screwing up his face in disgust and proclaiming ‘that’s not music’ as we scroll through the stations..

Everyone seems to rave about R6 on here, so I’m tempted to give it a go.. but I’m not very optimistic

stevecrm
    Free Member

Do they still play music on radio, I thought it was just adverts and talking these days :/

On the plus side Christmas is coming so it wont be long untill we have Mariah Carey’s Christmas on 24hours a day 😉

composite
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member

Oh, dear God – composite, you listen to 5L after 9am ?

“should footballers be allowed to eat children ? – let’s have a heated debate”

I listen in the evening mostly, for 5 Live sport. It depends on the program. Monday night club is normally alright (that is going to totally depend on if you find Steve Claridge amusing or annoying though :D), kicking off on a Friday is good.

They have had a bunch of really good specials of late such as the doping in cycling ones. To be fair though I thought the racism in the football one last night was a snore fest.

606 can be so hit and miss. Sometimes you get people phoning in with good points, other times I get the second caller and I’m reaching to switch it off. I think that’s probably an illustration of how I listen to the whole station.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anything by the absolute horse shite Florence & The Machine….droney, dreary terrible terrible music, id love to punch her in the CHUNT

DezB
    Free Member

Current? Hmm..
    Just checked the chart, and I have not heard one single song off the top 40! Except the John Denver one! And I keep up with current music! I’m ashamed.
    But I know I’d hate Maroon 5, PSY, Rhianna, Conor Maynard, leona Lewis, One Direction and Mumford and shitty Sons. So I think I’ll continue to avoid Radio 1.

[edit]and Florence and the Machine

yunki
    Free Member

Everyone seems to rave about R6 on here, so I’m tempted to give it a go.. but I’m not very optimistic

predictably, I tune in for my first ever listen and they’re playing **** Morrisey!!!

Shoot me now

binners

Stick with it yunki

Mumford and shitty Sons

…should be waterboarded, quite frankly

wrecker
    Free Member

Robbie williams and some tenny song where a man keeps shouting “BLEEUUGGHH”. Makes me Actuall;y ag=ngry when I hEar it.

zippykona

On the whole radio 2 is ok. Its shop friendly and nowhere as annoying as other stations.
    If we had younger clientele we would have 6 on.
    2 played Kashmir and the immigrant song yesterday.

yunki
    Free Member

2 played Kashmir and the immigrant song yesterday.

we tried R2 for a bit.. but 2 good songs all day is not acceptable imo

andeh

When Lauren Laverne comes on 6 music. Nobody wants to listen to old school drum ”n’ bass/ambient techno at 10am……if ever.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

Doom and Gloom by the Rolling Stones makes me want to stab my ears. planet rock is off for the next week or two until this drivel goes away and the Stones love-in is over.

KonaTC

I only listen to Radio 2, 40 mins of Chris Evans driving to work and 40 mins of Steve Wright driving home, with all the local traffic updates and mindless drivel its mostly music free

proutster
    Free Member

How about that fool Jake Bug?

I can’t sing for toffee but I think I could do a better job than him on the intro to his latest song (Two Fingers I think it’s called).

It’s awful, retro, throwback trash that should’ve been left undiscovered – IMHO. What the ears have heard cannot be unheard.

brodie
    Free Member

Anything by that Miki Minger bint.

andypaul99
    Free Member

The only radio I to listen 5 Live.

How very depressing

Mumford and sons – highly overrated boring tosh

mikey74
    Free Member

All of them: I don’t listen to the radio.

scud
    Free Member

Maroon 5, anything by an x-factor or Popdrivel winner.

Music equivalent of magnolia paint.

Best thing i ever did getting a DAB radio in my van, 6 Music either live, or one of their podcasts via my ipod.

Frank Skinner, Dave Gorman and a few others on Absolute radio, i find funny too.

The-Beard

For those of you who hate Mumford and Sons:

Mark E Smith – a new breed of hero

6music is good – yeah they play some stuff I don’t like but there’s plenty I do.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Anything by jobbie Williams, or morrisey.

binners

Mark E Smith should be running the country!!!

Terry Hall, on 6 Music, expressing his hatred of Mumford and Sons was quality too

here

😀

badgerbater
    Free Member

In response to the original question: The opening bars of “The Archers” theme tune (Radio 4) is an instant turn off for me!!

thomthumb
    Free Member

we got an internet radio at home so i listen to odd stations i never heard of.

Quite like Bluegrass Midamerica Stream for a breakfast time hoedown.

i only choose stations with no adverts.

yunki
    Free Member

radio 6.. seems pretty interesting so far

Houns

I only turn on the Radio for…..

TMS
    Annie Mac
    Craig Charles funk and soul show

Rest of the time it is turned off

sparkyrhino

Anything by that warbling talentless drivvel whore Jessy J,grates on me.they should shove radio 1 on internet only, and give the bandwidth to radio 6.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘What current song on the radio makes you turn it off?’ is closed to new replies.