Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • What credit card gives the best perks?
  • davidpurvis
    Free Member

Anyone have any experience of a credit card with the good perks attatched to spending?

I’m after a card that will be used for general day-to-day purchases. No balance transfers are involved and the balance will be paid off each month so APR doesn’t really matter either. All I want is a bit of added value through cashback/some kind of points/benefits.

The only one I don’t want is Airmiles, as they wouldn’t be worth it to me.

Thanks,
    Dave.

withersea
    Free Member

amex blue can be useful if you can find somewhere to use it…v good abroad though

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Amex Black.

davidpurvis
    Free Member

Unfortunately I can only wish for the Amex Black CaptainFlashheart!

I’d seen the Amex Blue, but I think there are fewer and fewer places taking them now. Good old Tesco actually look pretty good, as I can trade their points for mag subscriptions etc (which would save me a fortune)

Houns

Coutts World Card is the only one ot have – Amex Black is for New money chavs CFH 😉

andyg
    Free Member

I use an Amex Platinum for day to day stuff such as shopping, diesel, MacDeath etc and pay it off each month. Get about £80 or so back around Christmas.
    You need a second Mastercard/Visa because some of the smaller places don’t take Amex beacause of the charges.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Houns, one doesn’t want to let the proles know about Coutts…! 8)

Besides, Hoares or Fleming’s is where it’s really at!

😉

blaggers
    Free Member

Egg mastercard pays 1% cashback, gives me £100 extra every March.

Houns

8)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have a Capital One card – 2% cashback for first three months then 1% thereafter. No idea if they are still doing the offer though. Always paid in full at the end of the month 🙂

grievoustim
    Free Member

amex blue, or platinum for cashback – accepted in loads of places, certainly not getting less

for travel abbey zero mastercard is best – no foreign transaction fees

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Capital One gets my vote. The introductory offer was 4% but now it’s down to 1%. I put most of my spends on it and earn about £12 – £15 per month which gets added back onto my account at the end of the year. LOADS better than the many Airmiles I have accumulated and done nothing with

Tracey

Tesco, clubcard points when ever you use it and then swap points vouchers 1 for 4 for holidays etc.

Had two holidays paid for so far and used them for Eurotunnel payments for last four years

Have enough vouchers for a £3K holiday in October and our Erotunnel in August

Tracey

steveh

I have the Shell mastercard. 1% cashback on all purchases but 3% on all shell fuel purchases in the UK. Combined with the shell points card (which gets turned into cash and credited with the cashback) its nearly 4% off your fuel.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Another vote for Tesco

Harry_the_Spider

Tesco for me too. Voucher-tastic.

djglover
    Free Member

barclaycard gives 2% cashback on petrol and supermarket shopping all the time not just a promo.

mudshark
    Free Member

Amex black? What’s the point in that? Anyway, have to spend over £100k or more each year I think.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Somebody elses

Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

Another 1 for tesco, Only really works if you shop there aswell though,
    Use our club card vouchers for annual joint RAC cover and then loads of family days out

davidrussell
    Free Member

+1 for shell, currently getting 6% off fuel with it. Almost makes v-power affordable 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Tesco credit card?What’s the score with it then? I buy everything on credit card and pay it off every month, so sounds like I may benefit massivetastically!!!
    Tracey what are the hols like with them? Do you hvae to do packages or what? Where can I get all the detailed info!??

davidrussell
    Free Member

its a shot in the dark but Tesco might have the details

Gary_M
    Free Member

yeh another vote for tesco from me to – points make prizes.

mrchrispy

+1 for tesco.

all our spends go on the card and its paid in full (via DD) every month.
    we get around 40-50quid a quarter back in vouchers which when converted into deals (x4) is nearly 200quid.

it pays for our annual top level RAC cover, a couple of mag subs, a few weekends aways each year.

Tracey

Use card for everything and pay it off at end of month, shop at Tescos you get exra points also on Tesco Petrol

Got £104 of vouchers yesterday, they are sent every three months, which equates to £416 towards something

We went with Cosmos but they have other travel firms on board

£43 of vouchers paid for our £172 Eurotunnel ticket for trip to Verbier

Had 14 days in Menorca allinclusive for four

Had a villa for a week in Fuerteventura for four

You have to use the brouchure price

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/seealldeals.aspx

Tracey

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘What credit card gives the best perks?’ is closed to new replies.