• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by smurf.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What courier for posting a frame
  • stevie750

Need to find a courier to post a frame, anyone recomend one?

dbcooper
    Free Member

Myhermes. Cheap, will collect from home, work, yor ou can drop off at any number of newsagents etc.
    You need to accept that its going to take 3 days, because that is all that they do, but my experience is that they always deliver in 3 days.

You could use DCS who offer a next day service for 3x as much, except that in the small print it is not a next day service. And they have shitty CS, are rude and basically I would never ever ever give them my other halfs money again…

tenacious_doug
    Free Member
    chrismac

I just took mine to the post office. £12 for 48hr delivery. Simple

stevie750

Thanks

jimw
    Free Member

Interlink. Not the cheapest, but in my experience they have a reliable next day service, give accurate times for delivery within a 1 hour slot and the frames I have sent ( 3 in the past couple of years) have always arrived in the same state they left me. To me that is worth the extra expense – IIRC the last frame was £14 to send
    edit:
    having just had a problem with MyHermes delivering a a parcel and the Customer Care trying to fob me off, I wouldn’t use them again if they paid me to take the parcel off my hands

trickydisco
    Free Member

parcel hero

I used them last week where they used UPS and it worked out cheaper than parcel2go who i’ve used before (with varying experiences)

trickydisco
    Free Member

just took mine to the post office. £12 for 48hr delivery. Simple

Watch out if sending a full suss frame with a shock in it

Thinking of posting a shock via Royal Mail? Read this first

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Myhermes – You sure?

I did indeed just last week post a frame using them.

When I returned to the same drop off shop with something else on Saturday, the owner said the Myhermes driver told him he shouldn’t have accepted it because it was too big?

Just a word of warning – might be worth checking out…..

stevie750

I had a look on myhermes and I couldn’t see anything about size. Thought it was odd to just go by weight

theflatboy
    Free Member

Parcel2Go is like the skyscanner of couriering. Always worked out well for me.

andyl
    Free Member
    smurf
    Free Member

I did this yesterday.

Myhermes does have a max size requirement and will only insure to £250. Not an issue in my case but check small print carefully. They were a lot cheaper than the inter parcel alternatives though.

On benefit of them in London is the ability to drop off your parcel at loads of corner shops who are open long hours.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What courier for posting a frame’ is closed to new replies.