Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • What could cause my vision to suddenly go blurry?
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Mainly in my left eye, althoguh a bit in the right. I feel fine, it just suddenly came on, realised when I couldnt enter my PIN number at a cash point properly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Didn’t anyone warn you that you’d go blind if you kept on doing it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Eyes_-_uveitis_and_iritis

Uveitis means inflammation of the middle coat of the eye, which extends from the iris at the front of the eye to the retina and choroid at the back of the eye.

Iritis is inflammation of the iris, the coloured part of the eye. It is a form of uveitis and is more correctly called anterior uveitis. The cause is unknown in about 40 per cent of cases, but may include infections, autoimmune disorders, arthritis and skin disease.

Iritis symptoms typically begin suddenly and can include a red eye, eye pain, light sensitivity, blurred vision and a small or distorted pupil. Attacks typically only involve one eye at a time. Without correct treatment, iritis can cause permanent visual problems. Young and middle-aged people are most commonly affected.

There is no cure, but treatment of individual episodes can control inflammation and prevent complications. However, iritis often comes back.

Don’t worry but it’s apparently uncommon for the eye to explode, though worth treating. Of course it could be something else.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Are you on the pill?

Karl33to
    Free Member

Go see your doctor!!
    Don’t be taking medical advice off the STW massive, they’ll have you buying new glasses and going on a skills course. 😀

tomhoward

Poor aim.
    Cat AIDS (the bad kind)

More seriously, you eating ok?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Optician / Doctor! TODAY!

zilog6128

Did he get some in your eye, even though he promised he wouldn’t? That’s beastly.

yunki
    Free Member

thehustler
    Free Member

Opticians rather than doctor, go get it checked asap, it could be nothing but it could be serious!

camo16
    Free Member

Migraine?

My family suffers from some kind of migraine (I think) that causes white blurry spots in front of one or both eyes. I’ve had it a couple of times. Scary.

grum
    Free Member

Stress can cause blurred vision too.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I dont think it’s too much **** that’s casuing it, usually wear safety specks anyway.

More seriously, you eating ok?

Did’nt really have time for much tea last night, as I type, I’m having my lunch and it seems to be clearing up?!

wwaswas

there was someone on here a while ago who’s Mum had a detached retina and those symptoms.

Get a professional to have a look.

samuri
    Free Member

was it wavery round the edges? because that’s how a migraine usually starts. If you go blind later it’s a migraine.

Of course, you’ll already be curled up on the floor by that point.

pennine
    Free Member

Flashing lights, spider’s web and what appears like a dark curtain closing?

I experienced those symtoms & rang the optician IMMEDIATELY. Diagnosed a retinal tear & refered post haste to A&E. Underwent eye operation to repair tear the next day.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

grum – Member
    Stress can cause blurred vision too.

Could be that, going away tomorrow, going on holiday usually causes me to stress (as well as most other things)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

pennine – Member
    Flashing lights, spider’s web and what appears like a dark curtain closing?

I experienced those symtoms & rang the optician IMMEDIATELY. Diagnosed a retinal tear & refered post haste to A&E. Underwent eye operation to repair tear the next day.

No, not quite that. More blurring in the left corner of my left eye. It seems to have gone though!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yes ignoring it will make it go away…
    In all seriousness the link I posted is something the missus got, we were sent straight to the eye hospital where she sidestepped an overflowing waiting room as they were concerned it would go pop.

you want one of these
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophthalmology
    not a doctor or an optician – they give you glasses

finishthat
    Free Member

My local Hospital has its own eye casualty unit , and 3 docs just for the
    casualty bit – lookup and phone your local hospital eye dept they will give you the best advice – and it will be to go in now and get it checked. Do not bother your GP or Spec Savers – as they will just send you to the nearest hospital eye unit . 111 will tell you the same.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I used to get this from time to time. Also used to suffer from migraines pretty badly. Doc suggested I get my eyes tested and turns out I needed specs. Since then I’ve had no migraines and no funny blurry-ness.

Drac

Detached Retina

CVA

Migraine

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Well thanks for the replies, it’s now sorted itself out.

crankboy
    Free Member

could be anything , sounds like my mild migraine early sign I also get a sort of sense of flicker just out of vision if that makes sense. GO TO HOSPITAL NOW they will either give you the all clear so you can have a stress free holiday or go into panic mode and solve the problem . your eyesight is not something to mess about with.

my independent optician were very good at doing a quick eye health check when I scratched my eyeball.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

there was someone on here a while ago who’s Mum had a detached retina and those symptoms.

Get a professional to have a look.

Chap at work had this, he was lucky not to lose the sight in his eye. Don’t want to scare you, but get to the docs asap just in case.

footflaps

You’ve not shoved a pen in your eye and forgotten about it? If so, pull it out and you’ll be fine…

wrecker
    Free Member

Have you eaten any dog poo?
    If so, Stop it.

RustySpanner

Cobbles.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Did it look anything like the examples on this Wikipedia page?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aura_(symptom)

Either way go and see your GP

scotroutes

aaaaaand Rusty Spanner just beat me to it.

Damn!

DrP

So of course we (The medical ‘we’) are not allowed to give advice over the web.
    But if we were, that advice would be to see a Dr ASAP… really…

DrP

mrblobby
    Free Member

Did you get it seen to?

Have something similar. Probably just tiredness. Don’t like to see GPs though, may go to the optician. Currently trying to see what I am typing through a small window in a sea of blurriness!

fasthaggis

small window in a sea of blurriness!

I used to get them ,optician said it was

some kind of migraine

Oh ,and stop staring at a screen ya daftie 🙂

johnners
    Free Member

Popping into the Optician is a good bet, they’ve far better kit for having a shuftie than your GP. IME they’ll see you pretty quickly, and if they’ve any misgivings they’ll send you to A&E.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Could be conjunctivitis…

One morning I woke up with blurry vision and by the next day, I went blind with my eyes sealed together with pus… this was in Costa Rica, without a decent amount of Spanish.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Had you taken your glasses off?

mrblobby
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s conjunctivitis, been getting it quite a bit over the past few months. Appointment made with the optician for later today. Suspect it’s some sort of migraine as it’s usually accompanied by a headache and usually when tired and stressed.

Had you taken your glasses off?

Yes, a few years ago! Had laser treatment. Though I doubt it’s related.

yunki
    Free Member

OP – have you been smacked over the back of the head with a log..?

fasthaggis

usually when tired and stressed

Have a sceen break daftie *

* only half joking 😛

mrblobby
    Free Member

Unfortunately job (and a bad STW habit) means I have to stare at a screen much of the day 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘What could cause my vision to suddenly go blurry?’ is closed to new replies.