• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What cordless vacuum?
  • lightman
    Free Member

Looking to get a new vacuum for under/around £100, can I get a decent cordless one for that?
    What one do you have and is it any good?

nickjb
    Free Member

We had a cheap one (around £50) and it was at best adequate, would suck up crumbs and some of the dust. Have now bought a Dyson (over budget but not way over from the outlet store) and it is so much better. Pretty much retired the corded vac now.

porlus
    Free Member

Not got one to recommend, but one that isn’t that good. The missus has been after one for weeks to clean her car out. Being the tight Yorkshire Lass she is, she didn’t want to spend loads on one.
    She ended up with a Vax Gator 10.8v jobbie. Rubbish for stuff on the carpets, but ok for sucking up ash from incense sticks as its super light haha.

jointhedotz
    Free Member

We bought one of these as a short term fix when our corded hoover went pop. Works well on laminate but is next to useless when out of it’s ‘body’, tried hoovering the car and it did nothing. Mrs loves it though, really light and she can do the whole house on a charge.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5012907.htm

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Bought a Dyson cordless and its suction power is woefully poor. If you have pets and you think a cordless could be your main vacuum, think again. About to press the button on a Miele pet vacuum. The cordless Dyson will be a back-up for light jobs.

lovewookie

Got a refurbished outlet Dyson v6 for £140, slighty up on your budget, but generally OK in STW rules 😉

For the small cottage I live in, and with a dog who sheds his coat all over the place, it’s actually great. Suction is good, gets up the pet hairs fine. Better than the dyson cylinder pet version I had before.
    15 mins on a charge is OK, I mean, who wants to be hoovering for more than 15 mins?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Bought a Dyson cordless and its suction power is woefully poor.

mmm we bought a Dyson v6 at the weekend and its suckage is pretty impressive. Yours must be broken.

nickjb
    Free Member

Yours must be broken.

+1

zippykona

Poor suction ? Have you washed the filter?

footflaps

Pushed the Turbo button on the back of it?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Even without the ‘max’ button pressed its still a dam good sucker.

drlex
    Free Member

Got a vax “life” cordless for £70 from one of their sales last year to replace a dead dyson. Works a treat, although I’d have hated to pay £200 for it, given the cheap feel of construction.

core

We have the Dyson V6, power is impressive for what it is, but it quivers in the shadow of Henry in terms of actual capability.

Battery doesn’t last long at all though, which makes it pretty crap IMO.

Fine (but hugely expensive) for small clean up jobs and cobwebs etc, but you’re not gonna hoover a decent sized room on a single charge I don’t think. Even though it comes with tube and head that suggests it might replace your ordinary vacuum cleaner. You need it on the ‘turbo’ setting for it to really be any good.

iainc

have just dropped the cash on a new V6 – clean skirtings here we come 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What cordless vacuum?’ is closed to new replies.