Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What Cordless Combi drill ???
  • dickie
    Free Member

Looking to buy a cordless combi drill, hammer drill function especially for home DIY.

What would you recommend around £100?

Currently thinking something like this;
    http://www.diy.com/departments/ryobi-one-cordless-18v-13ah-li-ion-combi-drill-2-batteries-llcdi18022l/196738_BQ.prd

bearnecessities

Prepare for a flurry of Makita recommendations..

TheDTs
    Free Member

or this for a bit more, always useful good to have a drill and an impact on the go.
    Bosch

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Screwfix have a (Blue) Bosch combi jobbie with 2 x 1.5Ah Li-ion batteries for £100. I think it would probably be better than the Ryobi.

Shop around and you might get a Makita or DeWalt combi for that money. 2 small betteries better than one big-un for DIY use I reckon.

stumpyjon

The Ryobi will be fine for light to medium DIY, they do better batteries as well meaning it’ll last longer. I have three Ryobis (cheaper to buy a drill and 2 batteries on offer than additional batteries). I also have a monster Hitachi cordless which cost a fortune, it’s fantastic but it’s the Ryobis I grab first.

nickjb
    Free Member

You should be able to get a proper makita lxt from screwfix or online for around £100. Well worth it. Very nice drill to use and noticeably better than the diy level drills. Do not buy that ^ b&q makita. It uses non standard batteries

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Do not buy that ^ b&q makita. It uses non standard batteries

I’ve had those for getting on a year now, I’ve absolutely hammered them, using them most days and they’re still good. You won’t go wrong with them for diy.
    Edit: I have the impact driver as well, invaluable peice of kit that’s well worth having.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What Cordless Combi drill ???’ is closed to new replies.