Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • What concrete floor paint for…?
  • Killer
    Free Member

New concrete floor in my cellar just being finished.

Question is, what floor paint (if any) should i fit to

a) keep dust down
    b) provide some protection/wearable
    c) look cool
    d) lighten the room a bit and make working on the bikes easier (particularly ) when i drop bits

Any suggestions of patterns/ designs if we want to go a bit more special?

tomkerton
    Free Member

I used the Ronseal Diamond Hard garage paint. Not cheap. Lots of colours. Has worn very well but it’s all in the prep, as its new floor it will take the paint very well. Just make sure you vacuum the floor so it’s totally dust free etc

maccruiskeen

If its in a basement you don’t need anything as hardwearing as garage paint, -the point of it is to not bind with car tyres when they’re left parked on it for long periods – thats not a situation thats going to occur in your cellar so don’t pay extra for it. Garage paint has a really, really slick surface which can be a bit of a pain as things you what to stay still can skate around the room a bit, then if you want to push anything heavy round you can’t get any traction.

Bog standard floor paint will be fine – you should be able to get a fairly pale grey (or sometimes a pale buff / sandstone colour) keep the colour as pale as you can and it will bounce light around and help with illumination if you don’t have any natural light.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘What concrete floor paint for…?’ is closed to new replies.