Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What comfort food after a chilly ride?
  • oldfart

Went out this morning.To say it was a tad parky doesn’t come close.Thank goodness for De Marchi Roubaix tights.Still took nearly an hour before i could feel my toes though.Anyway had a delve in the freezer(as if i wasn’t cold enough) and found some delights.Stuffed myself with a Ginsters pasty ,potato wedges and baked beans.Made it all worth while.Whats your favourite reward grub?(though to be fair no one forces us out at gunpoint!)

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Chilli and cheese jacket potato and garlic bread (using a massive jacket potato).

phiiiiil

Currently tucking into muffins and pork pie. Mmmm… 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

My wife’s leek & potato soup with some nice crusty bread

There’s always hot – home made – soup sat on the back of the hot plate from lunchtime every day through the winter mmmmmmmm…. 🙂

psling
    Free Member

If I want something quick and convenient, a large cheese omelette (preferably with chips). Could explain why I’m one of the poorer performers in the STW Fat Club 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Irish potato cakes and scrambled eggs with copious tea

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Got back the other day and there was a full English on the table with lots of tea.!

Used to do a Thursday night ride when I was still at the folks and there was always a “Sunday” roast in the oven for when I got back. Now I have omlette and beans on toast, quick and easy.

dobo
    Free Member

i just got back from a cold ride, i cant be messin with cooking anything so it goes like this
    rego energy drink
    banana (whilst heating up some food)
    chili con carne & rice (microwave style, 5 mins)

yum!

later on i’ll down some tuna or mackeral baked potato and some veg

deserter
    Free Member

curry,homemade my favourite is rogan josh at the moment

juiced
    Free Member

soup and crusty bread

sheldona
    Free Member

Cheese and wine! Nice!

MrNutt
    Free Member

looks like I’m going to be ordering chinese!! 😆

nickc

Another home made crusty bread and veg soup here. Just as well, as it was **** chilly this morning

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Cheese on Toast –

Applewoods smoked cheddar with some Mrs Balls Chutney. Mind you Chilli will be ready in 6 minutes…. 😈

knott4me
    Free Member

american pancakes.

muddy_fox
    Free Member

a muffin from the wife

theboatman
    Free Member

I went with doorstep bread beery welsh rarebit, and the rest of the beer 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

how cold was it southern boys ?

househusband

Beans on toast with freshly ground pepper and HP brown sauce, accompanied by vats of tea.

domino

Mmm, good choice house husband.

While I was warming back up in the shower and washing away the mud, mrdomino put on an Oriental flavour Oxtail stew. Looking forward to it.

MrOvershoot

Just doing pork & leek sausages, mash & broad beans all covered with home made onion gravy

knottie8
    Free Member

Scambled eggs on toast today with a mug of hot coffee. I been munching ever since.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What comfort food after a chilly ride?’ is closed to new replies.