Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What coloured timber treatment for a shed ?
  • I’m getting close to the stage where I need to paint the cladding on my bungalow.

Cuprinol and Ronseal don’t seem to live up to their reputation, according to this and other threads.

I’ve used the No-Nonsense stuff from Screwfix on my shed and it was very pale, and is quickly getting paler.

Toolstation do a couple of different ones.
    The data sheet for Cromar shows different properties and warnings for different colours. It’s the green one I want.

What about End Grain Treatment ? Do I really need special stuff, or should I just dunk the ends in the same stuff that I’m painting on ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

youll be wanting butinox then.

At £15 a litre. That’s getting on for four times the price of Cromar from Toolstation. Is it really that good ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well my windows frames are covered in the stuff. ill let you know in a few years.

i asked similar questions else where and of folks i know in the trades and always got a resounding “butinox it costs a bit more but its worth it”

But my windows and 2 doors took 2 litres – id imagine your shed will take a bit more 😀

Yeah, I’ve got about 60m2 to cover.
    I’m using tanalised match boarding on a bungalow, so maybe I don’t really need the best stuff as the wood should be fairly rot proof and easy to recoat in a couple of years anyway.

trail_rat
    Free Member

aye thats a decision youll ave to make

mines seems to be pressure treated hard wood from what i can see but being windows i wanted to do them as infrequently as possible !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What coloured timber treatment for a shed ?’ is closed to new replies.