Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • What colour grips?
  • stevied
    Free Member

I’ve just put my re-sprayed Intense 6.6 together and want to colour code it a bit.
    The frame is candy red.
    I’ve got red discs, white Gore cables and a white spring on the 5th element shock.
    Do I go white or red for the grips?

mattjg
    Free Member

Lordi don’t over do it. Less is more.

(Black).

kayak23

Less is more +1
    Subtlety is classelty innit 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

+2. Rule #8 I believe.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Green FTW

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

Lizard Skin Peaty’s…

alex222
    Free Member
    Northwind

Black.

mattjg – Member

Lordi don’t over do it.

Yes, they’re very restrained

hilldodger
    Free Member

Mix’n’match from S*perst*r range of grips,end caps and lockrings….

reggiegasket
    Free Member

black with red lockons (and junk the white cables…)

pickle
    Free Member

only EVER black

stevied
    Free Member

Looks like black it is then…

stevede
    Free Member

I think having already fitted white cables, red discs and a white coil it matters not what colour grips you fit as your long past any chance of it looking tasteful! Go with which grips you like the most, if you think it looks good and your happy with it then that’s all that matters.

stevied
    Free Member

^ harsh… 😉

stevede
    Free Member

Harsh but fair 🙂
    Quite bitchy for me though – apologies, if you haven’t got anything nice to say and all that!

mattjg
    Free Member

White cables. No.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

it don’t matter if it’s black or white , . . . shamone

timidwheeler
    Free Member

Ignore the dull and boring accountants above. White with red lockons will look well sik. 😀
    Black is the new beige.

binners

Ignore the dull and boring accountants above. White with red lockons will look well sik for approximately 37 seconds.

Grips are like tyres. They should only ever be black. In this case with red lock ons

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Just sit down and have a think about WHY you’re bothering to colour coordinate. It won’#t make you any better. I’d rather be a trail demon on a crap bike getting sneering looks at the cafe (but looks of awe on the trails) than a mincer on a sacred holy grail of a bike.

👿

gazc
    Free Member

if you keep you bike inside – it depends on what colour marks you want to put on the wall and get a bollocking from the missus for. i’d go white esi’s!

stevied
    Free Member

I’m guessing everyone is in awe of you ridings skills glasgowdan? I’m not building the holy grail of bikes (whatever the **** that is) I just asked the question to gauge opinion. Some have been useful, yours…not so much. Thanks

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Ooo someone doesn’t take a joke!

stevied
    Free Member

Didn’t read like a joke…my bad.
    Does the red/white really look that bad?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

You should pull the rear brake hose forwards, or cut it down a bit, loops around the rear and mid sections are calling out to be caught on stuff. But never mind that – your saddle is BROWN! Red, white and BROWN AAARGH!

😉

stevied
    Free Member

Brown but comfy 🙂 There are a few tweaks yet to do, only finished building today, stickers on tomorrow. Back brake needs a bleed so will shorten the hose at same time

davidjohn
    Free Member

I’m lov’in my new DaBomb’s in white.

DJ

julianwilson
    Free Member

Ouch. Black grips and lockrings for sure. You will be very lucky to get red lockrings that exactly match the frame, and if they don’t quite match it will look wierd. In fact in practice it is often very difficult to get any colours except black silver and white to match up exctly between different manufacturers.

BTW my wife’s new superstar excel grips turned up today. I can confirm that the superstar “baby pink” is not quite the same as hope’s pink, and also that them excel grips really are massive both in width and girth. 😯

stevied
    Free Member

Crikey..you’ve got some bottle showing those on here after the stick I’ve had. If it’s not black it’s no good…

P20

I’ve had black grips for years, but I’ve changed them to them to turq as the ASR5 carbon was a bit subtle

bigblackshed

The Rules.

Your grips must match your other contact points. Pedals and seat. Lock rings must match the predominant colour of the other anodised parts. Easier said than done. But these are The Rules.

No discussion, no arguing. It says so in The Rules.

PS the velomanti rules are for roadies. OK for a rough guide, but then they are roadies. 😉

labsey
    Free Member

White. I’ve got white DMR LOCs. Look good but don’t stay white for long.

ken_shields
    Free Member

or the black with red stars

Ditch the brown bits……just wrong 😀

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘What colour grips?’ is closed to new replies.