Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • What coffee for a Tradesman?
  • Kryton57

Just got to get this right, as I have a bloke coming round to fit a floor who’s rather demanding on the quality of his coffee.

🙂

??

Stoner
    Free Member

Tell him he doesnt get any coffee ’till the jobs finished. Then horsewhip him a few times to make sure he’s understood it. I gather he likes sleeping outside in the kennel. And he’s really quite well off, so dont bother paying him.

piemonster

image by piemonster, on Flickr

Bregante

Any old shoit, I’d have thought.

Edit: Surely he can make his own using a stove top espresso maker balanced on his heated wing mirrors?

Stoner
    Free Member

Drac

Tell him to bring his own.

z1ppy

Say you’ve no coffee in the house & offer him a tea?

johnners
    Free Member

Always err on the side of quality.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Tell him to bring a flask.

rockhopperbike

seriously- who cares, whatever you drink will be fine !

lucien

Grande soya super frothy, double hot, mocha, cappuccino with chocolate sprinkles?

trout
    Free Member

the best tradesmen deserve the best coffee

project
    Free Member

Worked for a posh lady a few years ago, she had just got a fancy new coffee machine, she wanted me to have the first cup, it tasted vile and of washing up liquid,so poured it into the potted plant,just before she came rushing back to say she hadnt rinsed the thing out properley,she looked surprised i had drunk the cofee so quick and apologised for the horible taste etc.

So ensure you know how to use the coffe machjine and thats its properley cleaned.

Jamie
    Free Member

If it’s you know who, he’ll drink any old shite as long as you’ve dipped your old chap in it.

maccruiskeen

If its more than the floor that you’re hoping will get laid then it has to be Gold Blend.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Kamwangi AA or if you feel like pushing the boat out some cup of excellence from Kenya or Ethiopia as they are starting to land now as are the Indonesian’s. Expect to pay around £50/kg though.
    Failing that Nescafé

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was going to say whatever MrSmith suggests would do the job. 😆 But he got there before me!

To be fair, it’s not like he’s going to have any kind of sophisticated tastes, being a tradesman, so maybe high-end instant…something like Carte Noire will probably do.

bedmaker

I walked into a house one morning to the lovely smell of freshly brewed coffee coming from the fancy Gaggia on the worktop. Husband and wife both drinking said coffee.
    ‘Would you like a tea or coffee?” asked the wife. “yes coffee please” says me.

About thirty seconds later she brought me through a cup of lukewarm instant, the miserable bint 😕

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Did he use the tradesman’s entrance?

Kryton57

Ah. I reviewed this thread just after jonners post, then popped to cocstco for a job lot.

I’m sure it’ll be fine eh?

chewkw
    Free Member

About thirty seconds later she brought me through a cup of lukewarm instant, the miserable bint

Just got to show you that maggots (the ones that gave you instant) would not share.

flossie
    Free Member

Best coffee for a tradesman….. Yorkshire tea with four sugars!!!

vickypea
    Free Member

I hope that comment about tradesmen not having sophisticated tastes was a joke!

jon1973
    Free Member

There is a lot of coffee snobbery around these parts. Unless your coffee has been through the digestive system of a monkey, you may as well be drinking brown water 😉

Drac

Makes no odds a tradesman will stop for coffee or tea, a professional will get on and do the job they’re paid to do.

Jamie
    Free Member

Did anyone else just hear the sound of a pin being pulled, something being dropped and someone running off giggling?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Personally I would never trust a tradesman with sophisticated tastes.

singlespeedstu

Can you taste it when you take it up the tradesmans?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqmbgZNaazg[/video]

tymbian
    Free Member

Nescafe Alte Rica

jonahtonto
    Free Member

the only time i drink coffee on a job is when its really obvious the customer wants a chat. as soon as they go back in though, it gets slung. coffee is just for the mornings, and it should make your hair stand on end. the brown stuff from a glass jar should have another name.

andywoods
    Free Member

speaking from a personal point of view working in peoples houses you get such a variety of drinks made in every way possible, some that dont even resemble tea/coffee, you get used to accept what you are given or go dry.

grantway
    Free Member

Nescafe is very fine for us trades persons

pymwymis
    Free Member

Drac you’d better ***king ban me right now you ****

Jamie
    Free Member

Heh. You’re in trouble now, Drac.

Drac

Sorry I’m having a cuppa can you wait?

Kryton57

Right. 200 Nespresso capsule have just arrived. Hopefully he doesn’t have any morals 😀

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘What coffee for a Tradesman?’ is closed to new replies.