Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What Coffee bean grinder for espresso (using Gaggia Classic)
  • Aus
    Free Member

We like our coffee, and have a Gaggia Classic.

Read the thread on here recently on grinders which seemed to suggest some grinders don’t grind fine enough for espresso. Want to buy beans rather than ground coffee for espresso … gather there’s a few coffee connoisseurs on here, so any electric coffee grinder reos would be great.

Thanks

mrblobby
    Free Member

Again?!

I use an Iberital MC2 for an espresso grind for my Classic. Can get a really find grind. If you just want one type of grind then it’s perfect.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

2nd vote, MC2.

Very tuneable, and will definitely go fine enough.

Obviously you want a non pressurised basket (not sure if they are still providing this with the classic).

Personally I would swap that wand out too, but I have had mine a while not sure if it’s all still the same these days.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Obviously you want a non pressurised basket

Swap it out for a bottomless portafilter.

Personally I would swap that wand out too, but I have had mine a while not sure if it’s all still the same these days.

Sounds like the OP isn’t bothering with milkshakes so won’t be needing the wand.

austen

MC2, MC2, it’s always the bloody same!

I was looking for similar and was advised that the Iberital was all very well if you’re only going to use it for espresso, but we switch between espresso and drip so need to change grind settings regularly.

It’s much better having a stepped grinder for us (has numbered ‘clicks’ to change grind size), so went for a Rancilio Rocky with 60 odd steps. Ultimately it’s not quite as good as a stepless grinder, but stepless takes an age (and quite a lot of coffee) to set up each time.

Horses for courses innit.

Sandwich

Another vote for the Rocky. Take care when clearing the grinding chamber as some of the pressed steel edges are sharp, use of a file is highly recommended before fingers go anywhere near them. 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What Coffee bean grinder for espresso (using Gaggia Classic)’ is closed to new replies.