Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What close-ear noise cancelling headphones…
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

… for Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Google play?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Looking at:

AKG

DezB
    Free Member

I’m not a big “audiophile” like yourself 😉 , but I sent back the AKGs I had – the bass was strangled, not awful sound quality, but not as good as some cheap Philips ones I have. (They weren’t the same model as you’ve linked).
    Bought Audio Technica – I’d look in their range for NC ones.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of AKG K99’s. Cheap as chips but with a lovely, neutral sound. Unsuitable for commute/mobile listening, however. I’m surprised you didn’t like your own AKG’s. I’ve always been impressed with their products but I suppose any company can’t get it right ALL the time.

Except of course, you know … 😉 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Done. Amazoned…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

A small review:

Absolutely superb. Light and comfortable, the “memory foam” padding barely registers on the ears. Background noise almost completely cancelled out. Noise not cancelled was quiet enough to be unobtrusive and this was on a noisy peak-period train ride this morning. After correcting for tonal balance with the Google equalizer, “Desafinado” – Stan Getz and Joao Gilberto. Detailed, musical and unforced. Stan’s breath can be clearly heard passing across the saxophone reed. Vocal intonations and finger-work on the double bass are clearly heard. Detail is phenomenal without ever seeming to sacrifice musicality. I gulped a bit at spending £200 on these (my home AKG K99’s only cost 50 quid) but every penny is well spent. Happy happy. 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What close-ear noise cancelling headphones…’ is closed to new replies.