Viewing 13 posts - 161 through 173 (of 173 total)
  • What class are you?
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Emergent service workers … 😯

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

class of ’86.

emsz
    Free Member

Emergent service worker

What does listening to indie/rock got to do with class?

Stupid survey LOL

Aristotle
    Free Member

mudshark – Member

The Beeb are pushing this one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21953364

According to the map, I live in a borough of “Elites”, which agrees with my survey result, although I’d regard myself as educated, interested and fairly class-less.

It’s a very simplistic survey that appears to demonstrate that ‘class’ doesn’t really mean anything.

There are those who have enought money to live on and those who don’t.

There are those who engage with the world and look outward and there those who don’t.

piemonster

Established middle class apparently. 😯

Duggan

I realise this is likely to be a stupid question but a thought occurs to me.

It rated me as Technical Middle Class- probably because I own a property and my joint income with my g/f is over 65k pa.

But my g/f earns more than me and makes up over 50% of that income. And there’s no way I would be able to afford the property I live in without my g/f- we are halves on the mortgage so technically I only half a house.

There’s no way I’d be rated as Technical Middle Class if I answered the survey just for myself…so basically I am middle class because I have a g/f? And if you’re single the ‘route’ to becoming middle class is much harder?

Probably I’m missing something here but does this not make it very flawed? The survey does specifically ask for ‘joint’ income etc.

I don’t really buy that it’s just a bit of fun as it looks like a serious piece of research that has cost money and has also been disseminated across the mass media today.

I don’t really care what the survey says or anything but it seems pretty daft purely on that basis alone?

footflaps

So on your own you’d have a different lifestyle compared to the one you now enjoy – hence different class.

Class isn’t just something you’re born with, it can change with education, interests, careers etc…

landofgiants
    Free Member

Technical middle class. What the hell does that mean? A load of bollo#*$ questions leading to an answer that doesnt make any sense! Twiddle!

landofgiants
    Free Member

Twoddle even!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Apparently the fact i like classical music go to the theatre and excercise makes me new affluent worker despite having the cheapest house option you can have and earning less than the national average wage…go me.
    simply adding using social media makes me working class- does this count as social media – can using STW really be the difference in my class status and it lowers it… who knew you were all so common

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Its ok i am an emergent service worker on my own – if i find someone else with my income i become elite – that the basis for the worst chat up line i’m sure!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

My combination of having National Trust membership, an ok sort of joint income, knowing a software developer and a chief exec and owning an Elgar CD seems to make me ‘Technical Middle Class’. It was Elite this morning, but something’s obviously changed…

Still – it got a shed load of visits to the BBC website, gave their work experience boy a pat on the back for his web project and and wasted around 14 million working hours amongst the UK population today.

weare138
    Free Member

I’m Affluent Middle Class but feel as poor as a church mouse. I think it made me middle class because I said I listen to jazz …

Viewing 13 posts - 161 through 173 (of 173 total)

The topic ‘What class are you?’ is closed to new replies.