Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 173 total)
  • What class are you?
  • D0NK

traditional working class oops missed a question out, “established middle class”, hmmm don’t think so

pretty silly questions but then again the class system is bloody stupid to begin with

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I just dont want be in a box, my grandmother bought me up to have respect for all

Middle class – working class it didn’t matter the only category she looked down her nose at were nouveau-riche, not that she had anything against people being sucessful it was more the lack of taste the exhibited when spending their cash

Maybe you can tell the nouveau riche by the bikes they ride . . . .

😀

lemonysam
    Free Member

Mainly because they appear to be a bunch judgemental, arrogant **** who think they own the place. I don’t want to be associated with a group of fairly useless middle managers with BMW’s and AUDI’s and 50 inch TV’s, who have kids named Tarquin and Flossy, wear red trousers and buy authentic hand made furniture from ‘farm sales’. I’m not like that so I resent the ‘box’ middle class.

I’m fine with working class because the ideals I would associate with working class (hard working, not afraid to get my hands dirty, support the masses etc) are ones that reflect my perception of myself.

I think part of the point that was being made is that a great, great many of those people you despise self-identify in exactly the same way you do.

BoardinBob

Elite 8)

mikey74
    Free Member

Class is irrelevant and used by lazy people to justify their poor life choices.

I know people who would probably be considered “lower” class that act with more intelligence, better social graces and are more successful than so-called “upper” class people.

Yes, I know: That is probably a very “middle-class” thing to say, but it is true: You can do anything you put your mind to and you shouldn’t be pigeon-holed.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I am underclass. Non-class. In a constant state of anxiety due to the dishonest **** who lead my country and the world.

I keep getting knock backs, so any aspiration I had has been totally destroyed. That’s saying something for this once text book persevering and ambitious Capricorn. My degree and masters now almost irrelevant.

lazybike
    Free Member

I don’t need no effing test to tell me wot class I am…. 😳

midlifecrashes

I’m a council house boy gone bad.

Mods – can we Elite users get a logo like the Premier clique?

LoCo
    Free Member

Bottom of the class, round the back of the bike sheds smoking and snogging girls 😛

mikey74
    Free Member

I am underclass. Non-class. In a constant state of anxiety due to the dishonest **** who lead my country and the world.

I keep getting knock backs, so any aspiration I had has been totally destroyed. That’s saying something for this once text book persevering and ambitious Capricorn. My degree and masters now almost irrelevant.

Nice. Blame everyone else. Oh, and further points off for referring to astrology.

samuri
    Free Member

I think part of the point that was being made is that a great, great many of those people you despise self-identify in exactly the same way you do.

Precisely.
    /polishes AUDI.

grum
    Free Member

Mainly because they appear to be a bunch judgemental, arrogant **** who think they own the place. I don’t want to be associated with a group of fairly useless middle managers with BMW’s and AUDI’s and 50 inch TV’s, who have kids named Tarquin and Flossy, wear red trousers and buy authentic hand made furniture from ‘farm sales’. I’m not like that so I resent the ‘box’ middle class.

Bit like saying all working class people are ignorant and bigoted and their only entertainment is football, booze and fighting though.

Almost all my school friends were thoroughly middle class and I don’t recognise any of the above quote. To me that sounds more like upper class or at least upper-middle. 🙂

footflaps

Maybe you can tell the nouveau riche by the bikes they ride . . . .

People with Gears, can’t stand them, thinking money will buy them speed…..

Bit like saying all working class people are ignorant and bigoted and their only entertainment is football, booze and fighting though.

You mean they’re not? 😉

bencooper
    Free Member

I know people who would probably be considered “lower” class that act with more intelligence, better social graces and are more successful than so-called “upper” class people.

‘Twas always thus. Look at Victorian working men’s societies, and you often find a miner who is also an expert on Tuscan pottery or a lathe operator who also knows all about the life of Mendelsohn, and is happy to give a lecture on it.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Money can buy you speed (wouldnt recommend it though!)

And it can also buy you epo – which is probably a more middle class version 😀

Aristotle
    Free Member

samuri – Member

Whilst surrounded by the people described above, we choose to drive modest, dirty, class-less cars with no external baubles.

I don’t own any red trousers.

We have a CRT(!) TV

We buy things when we need them and we have quite a bit of stuff that was being thrown-out by friends and relatives.

Incidentally, the wealthiest, old-money people I know are similar, albeit with much more in the way of assets and living in rambling piles rather than a suburban semi….

Maybe the survey was correct, but I don’t really have the wealth to match the attitude….

I’m fine with working class because the ideals I would associate with working class (hard working, not afraid to get my hands dirty, support the masses etc) are ones that reflect my perception of myself.

I know people with similar views. These people are typically the first to try to maximise their
    tax efficiencies… 😉

thx1138
    Free Member

Wealth is not an indicator of intellect.

thx1138
    Free Member

It’s not that people, including myself, want to be associated with working class particularly (although the percieved ideals are another matter), it’s that we don’t want to be associated with the middle class.

So, no arrogance or judgemental prejudice there then…

So other classes are incapable of ‘getting their hands dirty’ and ‘supporting the masses’ then?

You’re looking at it from the wrong angle

Am I? Really? 🙄

aracer
    Free Member

Apparently I’m traditional working class…

brakes
    Free Member

I am Elite 8)
    bow down to my over-inflated London house value 😈

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Snobbishness is rampant amongst the insecure.

Certainly in my experience, that is absolutely the case.

Class is irrelevant and used by lazy people to justify their poor life choices.

Very true

Wealth is not an indicator of intellect.

The snobby insecure lazy sorts would say otherwise.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Double post

noteeth
    Free Member

What a daft survey.

Emergent service worker… actually, ’emergency service worker’ is not such a bad description of my job (NHS).

That said, the poshest class of all is ‘destitute aristocrat’ – one cannot simply buy that. 8)

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Guessing we’re all Proletariat really, apart from a select few….

spacemonkey

Apparently I’m “comfortably well off and secure”: a contributing factor to me being Established Middle Class. Just HTF do they know sh1t like this? Oh wait a sec, they don’t … it’s just the usual BS spin.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

“New Affluent Worker”. 😀

Are young 40-something
    Come from a working class background
    Own their own home

Two out of three right ain’t bad I suppose.

Got some worryingly mental and unrepresentative results until I spotted the “after tax” caveat in the household income section.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Technically none of us are working right now, just reading this shit so where does a time thief fall into the class system?

samuri
    Free Member

Am I? Really?

Yep, You were asking why I wanted to be put into a box and I said I didn’t. Hence the wrong angle.

Really fella, chill out. You appear to be taking this way to seriously, make yourself a camomile tea or something.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Emergent Service Worker here. Clearly I listen to the wrong genre of music…

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Emergent Service Worker here. Clearly I listen to the wrong genre of music…

Only a very high earner could appreciate such a thing as Jazz.

aracer
    Free Member

Snobbishness is rampant amongst the insecure.

Including it seems inverse snobbishness.

thx1138
    Free Member

You were asking why I wanted to be put into a box and I said I didn’t.

Erm, except that you did:

I’d like to be seen as working class but only because I’m a northerner.

😕

Really fella, chill out. You appear to be taking this way to seriously, make yourself a camomile tea or something.

I’m sorry, it’s just that when people say one thing then claim they didn’t, even though they actually did, I get a tad confused. 😳

igm

Look! I put this in a box. If you too would like to be in a box, stick your photo in a quote.

I apologise unreservedly.

samuri
    Free Member

never mind

ell_tell
    Free Member

Only a very high earner could appreciate such a thing as Jazz.

thx1138
    Free Member

Niiice.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

According to the survey: Established middle class

What I believe myself to be: Working class

redthunder
    Free Member

Elite! by SGMTB, on Flickr

andyrm
    Free Member

According to the survey, I’m established middle class – but as soon as I take out the savings/share values it drops to Emergent Service Worker. Bit of an oversimplified survey, but then I guess I would always describe myself as middle class I reckon, so maybe not so wrong. Definitely not a class warrior or faux-working class pretender for sure. But then I was born in Essex…….

mudshark
    Free Member

The Beeb are pushing this one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21953364

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 173 total)

The topic ‘What class are you?’ is closed to new replies.