Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What child haulage?
  • gribble
    Free Member

Hi,

We have two nippers, 4 yrs old and just under 2 yrs. We have a Wee Ride bike seat which the younger lad fits into, but his big sister is not pedaling and balancing yet.

What are the recommended options? A gator bike tow thingy (she has a small Frog bike), a trailer or another option all together?

In my experience the Wee Ride will start to be too small within 6 months for our younger kid.

RoterStern
    Free Member

A trail gator would be the cheapest option. It depends on how far /long you intend to go with your kids. For the kids the most comfortable option is a trailer as you can use it all weathers but if you want a good one (Thule/Chariot for example) then they are expensive. We used a Chariot two seater and it got a lot of use for our 4 kids.

PJay
    Free Member

Probably not a serious option for yourself, but this is pretty impressive!

ajantom

I’d say trailer too.

I kept a look out on our local Gumtree and found a Chariot (pre-Thule) 2 seater with all the useful accessories (jogger wheel, handle, rain covers, all the bike attachments) for £150.

It’s done our 3 1/2 yr old for the last 2 years, and should be good for her and our imminently arriving new one for the next few years.
    I had ours plus a friends 5 year old in it for a 10 mile ride the other day and it was fine.

With the jogger attachments it’s also done sterling work at music festivals as a combined child and tent/beer vehicle.

Wills1
    Free Member

I loved my single Chariot so much I bought the double. And – ahem – now have the single one for sale.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/thule-chariot-child-trailer-with-lots-of-bits-375-excellent-condition

kimbers

Croozer kid2 trailer for us

Boot is big enough to fit a balance bike + an island cnoc 14 when they get tired!

We’ve used it for our boys loads, daily for nursery run, woodland adventures, shopping, beach buggy, trail centre greens, they are 4&6 now so outgrown it but we use it for our new twins, got a mint 2nd hand one off eBay but it’s absolutely been vfm even if we’d paid RRP!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Also got a chariot for sale. Two seater. It’s in the classifieds somewhere

sockpuppet

We went for a trail angel for our five year old, with a two year old in a WeeRide

The trail angel hitch is better than the trailgator one IMO

And a rack and panniers: the whole thing weighs a ton!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What child haulage?’ is closed to new replies.