Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What cheap/light/stiff second hand fork to replace Pike 545?
  • Jamz
    Free Member

I’ve just swapped all the parts off my old Cannondale Prophet onto a Flow Moe hardtail (4X/jumpy type) for messing around in the woods (think Woburn/Chicksands sort of stuff). I’ve got some 2008 Pike 545 coils on there currently but i’m finding that it’s a bit front end heavy. I’m thinking that there must be some cheap air forks that I could buy second hand to balance it out a bit more.

They would need to have either a 20 or 15mm axle and a straight steerer with 100mm of travel. I’m not talking super light, but under 2kg should be do-able I’d have though?

I’m a bit out of the loop when it comes to any suspension made in the last 5 years so any advice on models to look out for would be much appreciated. Especially Fox, I don’t really know anything about them.

richmtb

A Revelation Dual Air would fir the bill.

Should be plenty s/h on ebay, I reckon around £150 depending on condition

chakaping
    Free Member

RS Reba with a 20mm axle.

continuity
    Free Member

I recently bought a REV RCT3 for 130 on ebay.

Seemed about right.

PJM1974
    Free Member

+1 for Rebas. Sektors or Revelations would probably require chocking down to 100mm, but they’re light, stiff (but not quite Pike stiff) and should have a damping system that feels much better than Pikes of old.

jam-bo

As it happens, I’m about to advertise a set of them. Email in profile if your interested.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What cheap/light/stiff second hand fork to replace Pike 545?’ is closed to new replies.