Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What cheap 650b hardtail frame to put my spare parts on?
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

hi all , have accumulated lots of spare parts off my 650b full sus and would like to build a ‘spare’ bike for guests , winter, spot of commuting etc.
    Any recommendations ..? Cheap second hand is good. Looking for long travel xc ish. Thanks

funkrodent

If cheap is what you want, then I reckon you’d struggle to look much further than the On-One 45650B. In its 26″ iteration it is generally lauded as being a great frame and there is no reason to suppose that its larger wheeled brother will be any different.

At £150 it’s a steal and being constructed of steel (in fact it’s a steel steal – boom boom) it’s pretty much bombproof too, ideal for when one of your guests stacks it into a tree… 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

How cheap is cheap?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Was worried on one would get me to but it does look good.

Around 100-200 quid. Why what are you selling? 🙂

Also spare wheel is 142 formula rear hub if that needs to fit…?

everyone
    Free Member

Was going to suggest an inbred but then I read the op.

However, it’s cheap and it’ll fit a 650b in there.

deadkenny
    Free Member

howsyourdad1 – Member
    Around 100-200 quid. Why what are you selling?

Nothing to sell I’m afraid 😀 . Just checking your budget. Some cracking stuff at the £300 to £400 range I could suggest.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ok dead Kenny hit me. I could be tempted … !

deadkenny
    Free Member

Well, the obvious one is the Bird Zero. I’m biased though 😀

deadkenny
    Free Member

Actually others I’m thinking of would be a bit more. Like the Production Privee Shan 27, Santa Cruz Chameleon and Stanton Switchback.

Other good 650 hard tails about but can’t see frame only options for many.

To be honest, for cheap the On One 45650b should be good. I just wish they’d do a carbon version, but sadly they say no.

kimbers

bird zero looks nice

4560b, not 142 rear?

bit cheaper
    http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/67314/Saracen_Zen_2014_Frame
    not sure if 142?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ns-bikes-eccentric-frame-2014/rp-prod110729

new sc chameleon?

kona explosif, probably top of my list, but not cheap and hard to find frame only!

andyl
    Free Member

4560b, not 142 rear?

Shouldnt be too hard to make it 142 with a plank of wood. Only 3.5mm each side and then stick a bit of 12mm OD, 10mm ID aluminium tube up the middle to reduce the bore to a 10mm QR.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I had a chameleon back in 2004 , not my thing to be honest , exhausting and stiff. Amazing for 30mins though .

I think I’m gonna go on one actually , it’s so cheap and the bike really will be a spare . Can’t justify a bird frame even though they look tasty

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Mondraker Vantage?

Rorschach
    Free Member

exhausting and stiff. Amazing for 30mins though .

Sounds like my Match.com profile.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What cheap 650b hardtail frame to put my spare parts on?’ is closed to new replies.