Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • what cheap 29er ??
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Getting back in to biking after a couple of years off and looking for a cheap 29er, I know I prefer 29er to 26 years back when I last had a couple the fisher rig was the pick of the bunch for quality but cheap what’s looking good these days

not too fussed on Sus fork or rigid, would like gears tho this time 😉 budget wise I’m only looking to spend , well not a lot really lol so what’s good these days

thanks

MSP

Take a look at canyon bikes.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How budget?

Charge cooker can be had for ~£600, and plenty of people selling rigid forks off singular swifts for £30-£40.

Rose bikes come at similar prices to Canyon, starting arround a grand and the added bonus that you can custom spec them yourself and they use a QR rear hub so better compatible with other kit you may have.

takisawa2

Alloy framed…Cube, basic Spesh/Trek/Giant etc, can be had cheap.

Steel…Inbred obviously. Rides a lot better than you’d expect for the price tag.

ads678

Theres a couple of cheap 29ers on paulscycles, £400ish. GT and Giant i think.

VooDoo at Halfords?

On One Inbred 29er X5 £799?

Depends on your idea of cheap.

shem
    Free Member

I had a bargain on a brand new Haro Mary xc, geared and suspension with good spec, under £600. A steal if I do say so myself 😀

zippykona

There’s some real cheap diamond backs on ebay

catatemygoldfish
    Free Member

Vitus have a few options in their new 2013 range, including this S/S
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=81000 and this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=81005

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Decathlon have a couple in, the BigRR(?)…£200 and £350…

Their 26″ers normally get a good write up.

Andy

triton were selling Karate Monkeys at a good price 😉

Bregante

Indeed they were. 🙂

Autumn2012 017 by redmancunian69, on Flickr

teadrinker
    Free Member

Build one up one from the classifieds or alternatively I can reccomend Charge Cookers. Again depends on your budget.

firestarter
    Free Member

My old karate monkey, sadly budget isn’t so big for the next one lol

Some good ones there fellas thanks, may keep eye on classifieds and try knock up a rigid geared scandal or inbred

16 or 18 on one at five ten ??

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Love my Genesis Fortitude Race, not exactly budget but quality and not made in Taiwanorkshire 😆

Karl33to
    Free Member

five eleven here and 18 is perfect

Alini
    Free Member

*slight hijack*

@Firestarter : I seem to remember you running the KM with a fat(ish) tyre on 26er wheels……or did I just dream this ???

If you did, can you remind of the rim/ tyre combo, might give it a go.

Thanks!

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I will have a 18″ scandal for sale in a few days its a geared black ano frame its got some marks cable rub/chainsuck but still looks good,there is some white steel forks and a fsa headset i will be looking at £160 posted for the frame/forks/headset.

firestarter
    Free Member

Alini I did it was Mavic 523 iirc rims and 26″ by 3″ nokian tyres it was great in the snow 😉

Milky I’ll bear that in mind mate where are you based thanks

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

In Peterborough

firestarter
    Free Member

Her it is in fact 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘what cheap 29er ??’ is closed to new replies.