Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • what Chamois cream ?
  • iainc

My old tube of Endura stuff went in the bucket on Sunday – it was half done and 3 yrs out of date !

So what’s the current top flavour ? I only tend to use it on longer road rides or multiday stuff.

Thanks

mikey74
    Free Member

I always used Assos, but not for a number of years.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

The Rapha stuff is ace, as is Chapeau.
    Ever since Assoss changed theirs, I’ve not used it, so can’t comment on it..
    Their old stuff was fantastic.

Yak

Udderly Smooth.

FuzzyWuzzy

+1 udderly smooth (used to use Assos but they changed the formula a few years back and I had a reaction to the new stuff…)

Schweiz
    Free Member

Old Assos was the ultimate. To be fair, the new Assos works just as well but with less “tingle”

iainc

chamois butt’r seems to get good reviews ?

rj
    Free Member

Assos works well for me. Usually available for a tenner or thereabouts.

noahhowes
    Free Member

Another vote for Assos.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Waitrose baby bottom butter.

theotherjonv

I’m currently undergoing a MVT experiemnt with 3 pairs of shorts and 2 types of cream. Something is disagreeing with me ‘down there’ and leading to substantial post ride arseburn.

And so far it’s pointing to the newish pot of Udderly Smooth, which i’ve previously had no issues with.

Possible they’ve changed their formula? Although why i don’t know. Or maybe a bad batch. One more test to do, after which if my arse protests I can pretty well definitively say that it’s the cream.

Some other stuff I got from On-One because it was cheap and I needed to get something for free postage to apply, has been great

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HNFFCCJ/friction-freedom-chamois-cream-jar

qtip

Chamois Butt’r works for me. Not tried any others though.

DezB
    Free Member

I like Chapeau stuff. It’s minty and tingly like what Assos used to be.
    The antiseptic in it works well if you do get any “issues”…

DaveRambo

Assos here and just bought another tub so I must like it.

iainc

thanks all, Assos seems to be the most favoured so just ordered a tub from Wiggle

stanleigh
    Free Member

I’ve just discovered one called Ozone Elite & very happy with it.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Chapeau do a good one and it’s not too expensive.

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

Sudocrem works just as well as any I’ve tried (Assos old blue and new yellow, Udderly Smooth) and is half the price.

rondo101
    Free Member

Udderly Smooth used to be my cream of choice, but something definitely changed in their recipe. Now use a locally made one called ‘Bristol Butt’r’ which is better than both the old and new Udderly Smooth imo. Best solution for me was to get a bike fit resulting in no fidgeting on the saddle throughout a ride, and no sores as a result.

jonba
    Free Member

I used to really like udderly smooth but having recently started to us chamois buttr is vastly superior. Thicker and better lasting on long/wet rides.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Sudocrem works just as well as any

+1 for Sudocrem. Cheap as chips, working very fine.

Cheers!
    I.

njee20
    Free Member

New Assos is good, I preferred the consistency of old Assos. However Squirt have just started doing some which seems excellent

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Sudocrem, cheaper and lasts longer, though you don’t get minty balls!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Was just about to post asking exactly the same thread !

Appears I have Tinia Cruris 😯

Been doing lots of cycling and running lately in hot conditions….

I have been using Sudocrem on the odd longer ride and its fantastic, but obviously I need to use it all the time at the min.

Saccades
    Free Member

+1 on the Friction Freedom, using it for over a year now.

tsurani
    Free Member

Has anyone tried the DHB stuff yet?

tang
    Free Member

Sportique century riding cream here.

onehundredthidiot

Use Rapha now (but care needed as it sits on the same shelf as the winter embrocation cream).

Used to use assos, was telling my ‘puffer riding partner about it, jokingly mentioned the tingle.

He appeared at the event not able to find assos or sudocreme but waving a tube of durex tingle. Did make me wonder.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘what Chamois cream ?’ is closed to new replies.