Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • what chainring to replace fsa?
  • johnduke
    Free Member

can anyone recommend a decent middle chainring? the standard one for my fsa is out of stock everywhere otherwise I would have just stick with that.

anyone rate these?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=3331

also, I'm assuming most rings/crankarms are a standard size between the bolt holes, can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Pieface

When I can afford them thats what I go for. If on a budget go for the hardcoat over the slick-shift – FWIW I've had both slick and none-slick and couldn't really tell any difference in shifting. They don't last forever but I've had far less chain-suck issues (only time was the mud-fest of SITS 08) than with any other make.

AFAIK unless you have XTR you just specify whether its 4 or 5 bolt – thats all I've ever had to do with LX HT1 / 2, XT HT2 and RF Evolve.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Mmmm….never really that worried by the chain rings – I usually go for something quite standard and hard wearing (Shimano XT) – and they are cheaper than the Middleburn!)…..also would look at the SLX which comes in at £25 or the LX at about £21.

Shimano

As for size "most" are 104BCD if you have 4 bolt – what cranks have you got and I could probably tell you? I know they are FSA, but what model?

johnduke
    Free Member

thanks guys, its a k-force crank, these are the rings that come on it:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=4007

just noticed that says 104mm on the description so I guess it should be standard?

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Yeah fine then buddy… 104mm BCD is pretty standard – so any of the 32t 104mm BCD rings will fit. I forgot to say that the Shimano's shift pretty smooth as well IMO.

johnduke
    Free Member

cool, thanks again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘what chainring to replace fsa?’ is closed to new replies.