Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • what chainlube was it people use to keep fork stanchions sweet?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

trying to simplify a maintenance routine for my bro who is fairly hopeless re these things and thought that re basic fork maintenance after muddy rides ( which is about all he does ) I would suggest cleaning the stanchions then applying a lube to keep smooth. I think he’d find it easier to smear a bit of lube on with his finger than spray something like juicylubes all over the place and contaminate the discs .If you get my drift ..recommendations please!
    thanks
    Bill

jota180
    Free Member

Anything will do

Try using a silicone spray and putting it on a cloth or your finger?

dgb1
    Free Member

Brunox is also very good for use on stanchions. Recommended by RS, or it was once upon a time if it still isn’t.

Junkyard
    Free Member

finish line dry lube

somouk
    Free Member

I use dry lube on mine.

joeegg
    Free Member

Surely the wiper on the seal will remove anything thats put on the stanchion.Keeping the bushes in the lowers lubed will keep movement smooth,hence turn the bike over so fluid in the lowers runs down to the bushes.

Northwind

Silicon spray for me. Pikey cheap stuff if that’s all I can find, expensive (but probably identical) bike stuff when I can be bothered as it feels like treating the bike.

Chainlube and fork oil work fine too but can be a bit sticky.

chiefgrooveguru

This stuff is great:

Absolutely identical to ‘Fork Juice’ as far as I can tell.

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Brunox deo. All you’ll ever need

chiefgrooveguru

NB: I manage to spray loads on without getting it on the disk! The other parts of my exceedingly comprehensive regular maintenance are cleaning the stanchions and chain with kitchen towel before spraying the stanchions and applying wet lube to the chain, and then wiping the wet lube off with kitchen towel just before the next ride. Is that simple enough?

andyl
    Free Member

I think it was the Finishline wet lube (green) that was recommended by one of the tuners.

I use generic silicone spray – always spray away from the wheel (tyre and disc) and not over a hard floor (or people and animals go ice skating)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘what chainlube was it people use to keep fork stanchions sweet?’ is closed to new replies.