Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What chain lube for the peak
  • Riofer
    Free Member

Too much choice for my tiny mind so I thought I would follow the STW tradition and ask for the wider wisdom of the forum. This way I get to extend my agonising over a small purchase for a few more minutes and draw some more people into considering the merits of different lubes on a Thursday evening (beats Celebrity Materchef for interest anyway) 😆

So what do you recommend?

Onzadog
    Free Member

How often do you clean your bike? After every ride or after a handful of rides?

spock
    Free Member

Rock n roll extreme, alot cleaner than others, brings all the dirt to the top so you can clean it easily and prevents rust better than a big coating of tf2 wet lube. good stuff!

Riofer
    Free Member

I clean it every couple of rides and don't tend to givet he chain any special treatment. Just rinse of the muck quick wipe with a rag let it dry then apply lube

Riofer
    Free Member

Spock – cheers for the heads up the review of that stuff look good so I'll give it a try

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I shall say my usual suggestion – putoline motorcycle chain wax. the best I have ever used and a fraction of the cost of cycle lubes – but a filthy faff to apply – even if it lasts hundreds of miles per application

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you're not cleaning too often, squirt might be worth a try. I've just spent 6 very wet muddy days in the Alps using squirt lube. After each ride, I'd dry the chain off with a dry rag and then add a little more lube, one drop to each link. Seems to have worked a treat with no signs of rusting. I think it's a bit too expensive to use if you're the sort to degrease and relube every ride though.

ollie
    Free Member

+1 for Squirt lube, I've been using it for a couple of months now and I'm really impressed, No more degreasing for me just a quick wash and wipe down with rag and lube. Ace.

The only downside is you have to start with a completely degreased chainset which can be a pain to start with but well worth the effort.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What chain lube for the peak’ is closed to new replies.