Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What cassette for new Pro2 Stans Flow combo?
  • mralexbenn
    Free Member

Ordered my new wheels ages ago and should be here at the start of August but can you recommend a cassette that wont chew the free hub body, or does it not really matter?

I was looking at the SRAM PG990 a friend mentioned.

Thanks

racing_ralph
    Free Member

xt or sram 990

mralexbenn
    Free Member

Favouring the SRAM, would I need to change from my PC951 chain?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

no why would you

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

Not sure why you would think a SRAM chain wouldn't work with a SRAM cassette. Just bought some Stans Arch/Pro II wheels. I run Shimano XT cassettes, and SRAM chains.

mralexbenn
    Free Member

It was just the description on ChainReaction saying preferred chains but I will run with what I have and the new 990. Does the cash green look decent in the flesh?

Northwind

SLX seems fine as well, it has one less cog on the spider though. XT usually seems to make better sense than 990, it's slightly lighter and often cheaper.

If your chain is at all worn it'd probably make sense to replace it, putting a significantly worn chain on a fresh cassette doesn't make much sense, especially when it's a fairly cheap one.

mafiafish
    Free Member

I've had a pg990 for a while and no complaints. It's a chunk of metal with some spiky bits. Can't go far wrong really.

giantjason
    Free Member

another vote for pg990. i have had one with no trouble over the last year.

br
    Free Member

I've run either XT (general use) or XTR (enduros & racing) on mine, no problems if installed properly.

And lighter than SRAM offerings.

bigant

Just replaced the cassette carrier on my pro2 with a steel one, XT hub cut right through the narrowest spline. But I'm a big heavy hoofer (120Kg :D) and can handle the extra 100g

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What cassette for new Pro2 Stans Flow combo?’ is closed to new replies.