Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What car/small van for 1 bike and I person sleeping
  • rooney
    Free Member

Looking to get a small van or car that I can roll my bike in snd still have space to sleep – a car that a can remove babk seats would be cool too.

What you got / use and photos would be nice
    Cheers

whitestone
    Free Member

How tall are you? At 5’10” I find that quite a few cars that “should” be suitable aren’t.

A VW Passat, estate or saloon, might fit the bill.

simonside
    Free Member

How tall are you? I know a bloke that uses a Vauxhall Combo to sleep/go racing quite succesfully. I also know a bloke who has a Transit connect and can`t sleep comfortably in the back….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    angeldust
    Free Member

How tall are you? At 5’10” I find that quite a few cars that “should” be suitable aren’t.

A VW Passat, estate or saloon, might fit the bill.

So you’ve seen someone ‘roll their bike’ into the back of a Passat saloon (or estate for that matter), then found some space to sleep next to it. Really?

br
    Free Member

Anything transit sized.

Pretty much the same size ‘footprint’ as a Connect etc.

whitestone
    Free Member

Missed the “roll” bit 😳 though anything wrong with removing the front wheel?

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Obviously you can’t roll a bike straight into an estate car but it’s a 30second job to drop the saddle and whip the wheels off. I’ve done plenty of mini road trips on my lonesome in the back of my Xreg Octavia. I use a raised board to level the sleeping area as the boot space is 2-3 inches lower than the dropped seats. At 6″1′ it’s maybe a little cramped but I always sleep well. The boot opens upwards so provides a little shelter for changing or cooking in the rain. Proper dirtbag.
    Then with a bike rack you can also get 4 (I think 5 might be pushing it) of you plus bikes and a tent away for the weekend.

Moses

The NV200 has a 2m load bed, might fit the bill.

rene59
    Free Member

Isnt that what the berlingo is for?

Olly
    Free Member

define small van.

Obviously anything transporter size will work.

Connects and Doblo sized things probably wont, as the load bay isnt very long. (unless you get a maxi, but they look bizarre)

Astravan might work well depending on whether the front seat folds flat and how tall you are.

Or just build a flat board into most big estates (passat) but have to break your bike down before putting it in!

sc-xc

Look at sazter’s van…it’s a beaut

TheBrick
    Free Member

I had a small fait van that was astra size when I was about 21. Removed any bulk head and with the seats filliped forward I could sleep in it easily at 6’2″. Used it for surf trips and two slep in the back. A MTB with the front wheel off would roll in and prop upright no problem. Being essentially estate car size it was very fuel efficient too. Because it was a van it was less obvious that someone was spelling in it compared to a car.

welshfarmer

Not really the most practical solution for many (though I need to tow 3.5 tonnes and travel around the farm so suits my needs). However, it will give an idea of the internal size you are looking for. Land Rover 110 BTW

thegreatape
    Free Member

Can’t see the pictures of satzers van on her thread.

rooney
    Free Member

Yep can’t see photos either

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What car/small van for 1 bike and I person sleeping’ is closed to new replies.