Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What car stereo…?
  • bellerophon
    Free Member

Ok, just bought that has a cassette player so looking to change for a stereo with CD and aux socket. So what one is best for about £50-60 ??

CountZero

Can’t go far wrong with a Kenwood. If you can stretch your budget, then I can recommend one of these:
    http://www.justkenwood.co.uk/car-audio.aspx/kdc-dab4551u-car-radio
    £140 might be a bit more than you’re prepared to go, but it’s a DAB unit, with a CD slot, it’ll control an iPod or iPhone plugged into the USB port in the front, or a USB stick, or any other player that has a USB cable, or into the Aux socket.
    Nice unit, really pleased with mine.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Dab is great, I paid big money for one of the first bluepoint car ones back in the day, I got another one for a different car last year & it was only £150 for a JVC double din unit & I didn’t have to pay an extra £70 for the aerial, bargain!

v8ninety

Take the opportunity to get one with a USB and a hands free kit built in. I did, found it really useful, too.

kimbers

go dab!

got one of these at xmas and its been ace
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_918359_langId_-1_categoryId_265865
    got a halfords sonnichi brand 15 quid antenna too
    dab reception has been faultless from london to liverpool via cwmcarn and llandegla

quality cd/ipod/usb/mp3 radio player at wicked price

Raindog
    Free Member

I bought an excellent JVC DAB from dab on wheels a month or so ago. About £150 with a proper aerial. Can’t fault it, wish I’d bought one ages ago.

P20

Sony
    Slightly over budget, but i’ve used them at work and they are good for the money. USB is a handy feature.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Hi,thanks for the replies, some good pointers there. Defo don’t want to spend more than a £100, but maybe I do need to up my budget a wee bit. Not fussed on ipod\iphone control, but do an AUX and at these prices they’ll all have a USB port.

In Halfords, I did spot the DAB units which has been mentioned here so I’ll look into that as well.

Raindog
    Free Member

The JVC I bought from dabonwheels was £100, and comes with a free “get you started” dab aerial. Depending on where you live that might well be enough. It does AM/FM as well.

CountZero

Those stick-on DAB antenna are surprisingly good. The one that came with my Kenwood gives better reception around North Wilts, Somerset and Gloucestershire than I used to get with R1/2 on FM. The exception is across Salisbury Plain, well, from Devizes across to Salisbury. I’m going to get a proper roof antenna fitted, I can get one for about £30, plus fitting. I’ve driven from Chippenham to Weston-Super-Mare with only a small dead spot around Avonmouth, good reception the rest of the way.

bellerophon
    Free Member

A wee update and thanks for the above…

I ended up with this Kenwood BT32U which I paid £80 from caraudiosecurity

I decided against the DAB option but went with Bluetooth, so glad I did. The unit so far seems just perfect for my needs.

Ta

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What car stereo…?’ is closed to new replies.