Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • What can't you wait for?
  • sandwicheater

New frame built up (new bike post will follow), first ride after work tonight and I can’t flippin wait.

Been out of the saddle for a few months. Come on five!!! Blue sky, no rain, perfect.

What has you clock watching today?

trail_rat
    Free Member

phone call from cyclehighlands ballater at 10am …..

my new rove AL is ready for collection AND i have an early finish tonight to get get it 😀

jekkyl

mini jek #2 due in may and I have 6 whole weeks off work to welcome him/her into the world and help Mummy manage. Of course if the mother in law helps out from time to time Daddy can go cycling!

Mackem

..end of work. Predictable I know, but true.

sandwicheater

Congrats jekkyl, our second just arrived but with a new business, couldn’t take any time off this time around. Really wish I could have been at home helping out.

fruitbat

I’m retiring (early) at the end of April. For a present to me, I’m planning to build up a Cotic Soul 275 over a period of weeks/months/days! I ordered the fork for it today 😀

binners

I’m going to have a little celebration when one of my customers finally sees fit to pay any of their overdue invoices

Its all very exciting!

benji
    Free Member

19 hours left to work for my current employer, not that I’m counting them down.

Love that the work place thug who has offered to smash my face in a couple of times, asked was I having a night out and buying them all a beer, the answer of no seemed a shock to them.

pondo

Three weeks today I’ll be heading to Japan, kind of looking forward to that.

fasthaggis

A pint with my young un when he gets back next weekend.

DaRC_L

To hear whether I’ll be made redundant next week = I am hoping for redundancy

devash
    Free Member

Getting a job. 5 months unemployed and counting.

MoreCashThanDash

Got an attendance management meeting with my boss and union rep tomorrow as I’ve been off sick for 2 months now.

Can’t wait for that to be over. If I wasn’t anxious and depressed before …..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Raphas HotN entry to open!!!

Hurry… Bloody… Up… Will… You 🙄

Stevet1
    Free Member

To finish building this jump

Then I can go and play on the new line

P-Jay
    Free Member

Spring, that’s it really. I sometimes think March is worse than Jan/Feb for me, at least in the darkest days I’m resigned to it, come March and it’s light coming home from work and it seems to be taunting me.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Waiting for my cast to come off so I can get back out on my bike, one week to go!

SaxonRider

I’m off to Belgium again in a couple of weeks. I am so looking forward to it.

In my head, I spend most of my time there.

PS: Nice one Jekkyl. Best of luck to you and yours.

ads678

Waiting for my sons cast to come off so I can take him for a ride on his new bike I built up in January, bloody weather/skiing injuries!!

jolmes
    Free Member

Waiting to hear from HR on the results of my interview for a new job last week. Internal movements are far too slow.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Next ‘boys’ trip to Wales in early June

zinaru
    Free Member

warmer and longer days…

D0NK

Dry trails and some long days in the saddle, they seem to be a long time coming.

But a kid free weekend away with the Mrs, can’t wait for that either.

globalti
    Free Member

A ski holiday. Got sick MIL staying at the moment and had no money last two years following a new kitchen install so this will be the third year of no snow fun.

Birthday in April – am putting on a bike race for self and 15 buddies followed by a cask of beer and a slap-up dinner.

Inner Hebrides sailing cruise in May calling at Islay and Jura, camping on a 22 ft Swallow Boat or ashore.

dday

My new bike will be ready next week. But I’m on work travel and away for easter hols, I can only collect mid April 🙁

Bunnyhop

For June when I can ride an mtb again. Not off road proper but some very easy local trails.
    Skiing next season, been off snow for over 2 years.
    Being able to walk properly again in the hills.
    The sooner these things happen the better place my mind will be in.

downhilldave

To sell my house and move to Spain and get on with my retirement :mrgreen:

ads678

Internal movements are far too slow

I never suffer from this!!

stevied
    Free Member

Spa day with the wife on Thursday. My back is **** and I’m hoping a nice young lady will help get it back in shape using sensual oils and her elbows..

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

HMMM! I had a new bike delivered yesterday Radon from Bike Discount.de I don’t like so am sending it back, therefore I am waiting on:

Repackage bike
    Return bike
    receive refund
    start shopping again
    waste 3 weeks of being unable to decide
    buy bike
    happiness…

In the mean time I bought a new OnOne456 to hang my 26er bits off, just to keep me going, you know.

scandal42
    Free Member

This weekend,

6 of us off to the peaks for something different. Staying in the camping barn at Alstonefield and spending the day walking to the Old Dog pub near Thorpe for loads of ale and some food.

No electricity, no phones, no day to day shit 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

A number of things:

The results of the restructure at work. Initially they’ve slimmed my role down, taken all the stuff I’m brilliant at off me, broken up the things that were working really well and left me with the stuff I can do in my sleep. For the same money I was on previously. I’m not convinced it’s ‘deliberate’, just knee jerk stupidity from out of touch and overly political senior management. I’m considering my options….

My side project to kick off. Very exciting piece of work that has massive mileage in the sector and beyond. Halfway through the trial period, so perhaps another 3 to 6 months before it’s ready to go. Lots of interest and an invite to speak in front of a 100 or so interested parties later this week.

It’s a balancing act at the moment

twinw4ll
    Free Member

My wife to come home in a couple of hours time, she’s lovely.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

The weekend. I like my job, but I don’t half look forward to Friday when I walk out of the office.

Longer term I’ve got a long weekend of riding in the Highlands and Torridon coming up and a week of relaxation (and possible riding!) in Spain after Easter.

I did have a week in the Alps to look forward to this Summer, but those plans got shelved when the car needed replacing 🙁

jonnym92

Got some new Pikes delivered today for my hardtail. Looking forward to servicing them and getting them on. Antur Stiniog this weekend too.

Looking forward to any kind of summer we get, so I don’t have to come back from a ride muddied up to the eyeballs. Wishful thinking.

Irish_AL
    Free Member

What can’t you wait for?

The arrival of our Alien Overlords 😯

northernerindevon

Squid curry for tea.

Cwmcarn on Thursday.

Easily pleased me! 😆

lunge

My first skiing holiday in 6 years over Easter.
    My motivation to return, it’s been sadly lacking for the winter months.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Sun, summer, chasing rainbows.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

My wee toddler to be less whimpery

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘What can't you wait for?’ is closed to new replies.