Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)
  • What can you see from your house?
  • taxi25
    Free Member

The Taff trail and my local pub 😀 I wouldn’t live anywhere else 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

A very uninviting Atlantic ocean.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

here

Been here 2 years and haven’t tired of looking out of the door in a morning yet.

vongassit
    Free Member

The very snowy Black & Red Cuillins

nevisthecat
    Free Member

Front I can see the Wrekin.

Back cos we’re high up

Brown Clee
    Titterstone Clee
    Caer Caradoc
    Long Mynd

Four squirrels and an enormous pile of cow poo.

garage-dweller

Suburbia. It’s depressing but practical!

tomhoward

A post apocalyptic wasteland, where good and evil are constantly entwined in a battle for control, it’s not looking bright for the good side.

Or, as it’s known locally, Leeds.

Mostly Elland road stadium

Mackem

Tesco car park, but beyond that Holcombe hill and Peel Tower.

frankconway

The gates of mordor.

AlexSimon

View just before christmas.

This time last year:

CountZero

There’s some houses very similar to mine across the road, two cars parked outside my house, cars parked outside other houses…
    About what you’d expect in a medium sized market town, really.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

About ten minutes ago.

Early spring here…

mmiz
    Free Member

Shuttlingsloe, Macclesfield Forest and the Cat and Fiddle if the houses at back of where I live weren’t there. So, err… houses 😐

tewit
    Free Member

A not so dry ski slope.

twang
    Free Member

Waist deep snow , a frozen lake, the mountains, my two perfect children playing with my beautiful swedish wife , next to the garage with my bikes in it. Yeah boy

Hahaa! get a life loser

snaps
    Free Member

From the front – wet people on a main street into town.
    From the bedroom on the third floor – snow on Exmoor yesterday but it melted today.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

The Beach – however bit grey and wind swept at the moment.

felltop

Summer Isles, Coigach, An Teallach. All complete with lots of snow.

hodgynd
    Free Member

An uninterrupted view of the North Tyne Valley from the back garden with Deadwater at Kielder as its furthest point 20miles up the road ..other houses at the front ..but I can also see The Pennine Way leaving Bellingham ..

avdave2

Blackpool Victoria hospital

I was born there, at least you have Stanley Park very near.

karnali
    Free Member

From my sofa looking out of front window, the hay, Cockermouth, skiddaw, sale fell and ling fell, skiddaw with a healthy covering of snow today.

whitestone
    Free Member

Fek all! It’s dark!

Darkest Yorkshire one way, the promised land the other way.

A view of the Pennine Way leading across the moors.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Greenfell Tower.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@twang no pub or indeed Greggs though. Nowhere is perfect.

duncancallum

Winter hill

Rivington pike

Wilderswood

N a bit of Blackrod out front

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

If i had line of sight likd those 1/4 of a mile away up the hill……..an amazing vista stretching from Sutton Bank on the N York moors, right up Swaledale towards Reeth. As it is sans elevated situation, I can only see my neighbours’ 1980s semis and detached houses.

Convenience and school catchments have their own costs…..I like to think knowing the views would be there is encouragement to get out and about.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

I can see Devon, a land free from the tyranny of Cornwall County Council.

bob_summers

I can see nothing but the flat across the road, whose balcony has been stacked with surplus floor tiles and empty tubs of emulsion for the last six years since it was done up.

On the plus side, five minutes’ walk and I can dip my toes in the bay of Biscay, which helps me to forget the emulsion.

kiwicraig

An overcast Sunday morning, a solitary wind turbine and a load of bush

jag61

a twinkly emly moor tower from the front, lights from wakey wildcats to distant rear,its ok!

matt10214
    Free Member

The Lincoln-Sheffield train line with Sherwood Forest behind, and to the front the local Hospital

busydog
    Free Member

Red Mountain and (on a really clear day) Mt. St. Helens to the West, Rattlesnake mountain to the Northwest, Horse Heaven Hills to the Southwest and just neighborhood houses to the East and North (of course, one day the open fields to the W, SW and NW will, no doubt, be sold and turned into houses and it will be time to move).

Scapegoat

Straight out of the upstairs windows (house is upside down, built to earth on one side) I can see over the plateau of Bolster Moor, across the Colne Valley to Blackmoorfoot. Beyond that the moors above Meltham and away over the Holme Valley to the Masts at Ingbirchworth and Penistone. Look right (West) and you can see the upper end of the Colne Valley over Marsden Moor, and then S West towards Deerhill, and the Greenfield Road over the tops past West Nab. Look South East and you can see the observatory and airfield at Crosland Moor, beyond that Castle Hill. Lean out and look due East and you can see over Golcar and the scarp of Longwood Edge towards Emley Moor mast.

If you stand on my driveway and look due East, you can see all of the M62 corridor from Fixby to Leeds and Bradford, and beyond that you can see a cluster of power stations: Egg borough, Drax A, Drax B, and Selby. On a clear day you can see the edge of the Wolds/N Yorks moors, but it has to be really clear to see those, it must be getting on for 100 miles away.

TomB

Straight out at a snowy Skiddaw from near Keswick- inspiring every day!

Pz_Steve

Out the front it’s lovely: very unkept garden and soon-to-be-chainsawn Leylandii hedge, then less than a mile to the beach, St Michael’s Mount and Marazion, with Cudden Point and the Lizard beyond. Best from upstairs as the brambles are half way up the downstairs windows (did I mention the garden was unkempt?).

Out the back, not so much: The yard with bins, a mountain of purlins off the old roof, a dozen decaying rubble bags full of crap, some well rotted pallets, old shower tray, newish toilet (in a nice sunny spot to be fair, good place for a tea break), stacks of old slates and ivy rampaging over / through the outbuildings. And randomly at the moment, two trays of kale and some anemone rejects.

muddy@rseguy

Surrounded by a late 50’s/early 60’s housing estate on all sides but to the north a view of Highdown hill, with Blackpatch hill and the South Downs just visible off in the distance

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The river Derwent, Bellerive Oval and central Hobart

Northwind

Forth bridges, fife, Lomond hills… Oh and mossmorran flare

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Out the front, beyond the butt-ugly flat-fronted brown brick and net curtains house across the road, the Solent. A swathe of the south coast. The rooftops of Cowes.
    More fireworks and Red Arrows than you can shake a telescope at when Cowes Week is on.

Out the back, long, narrow strips of suburban garden, trees and council houses.

gordimhor

[video]https://youtu.be/sgpXjQTJBwE[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘What can you see from your house?’ is closed to new replies.