Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What can you do with Domains?
  • Euro
    Free Member

Is it possible to upgrade the inside bits to something like a lyrik?

chakaping
    Free Member

No (according to TF when I asked a couple of years ago).

You can probably get the motion control damping installed if you don’t even have that though.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I would have thought you can stick a lyrik damper in them. That will improve them massively. Due to the uppers being steel And therefor having thinner walls I doubt you can put lyrik springs in them apart from possibly the coil u-turns.

jedi

you can get them upgraded to a damper

Euro
    Free Member

Cheers chaps. Standard motion control or black box and is it worth doing? I’ll probably be looking to go up a spring weight too.

jam-bo

by the time you’ve bought a lyrik damper and a new spring, surely you may as well buy a pair of S/H lyriks?

sell the domains and you’ll probably end up more or less evens.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Motion Control won’t fit you want Mission Control. Give Loco a ring he will sort you out.

However as Jambo says if your going for a spring too you won’t get much change from £200. You should be able to sell the domains for at least £100 depending on condition and pick up some Lyriks for around £300 SH.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Lyrics will have smaller ID stanchions surely as they’re steel not aluminium?

But as others said s/h lyrics will be cheeper, I looked at a new rebound damper for mine and it was £100+, so assuming the compression is more than that and you’d be spending ~£250 just on dampers even if they do fit. And they’d probably be even heavier than they are now as they’d likely need more oil if they dont currently have compression damping.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Other way round spoon. Lyriks are Aluminium. Domains are steel.

Just read my slightly drunken post from above and can see where you were coming from.

Euro
    Free Member

I’d emailed loco a week or so ago but didn’t know he had the baby thing going on and I don’t expect an answer any time soon.

I suppose I was unrealistic with my budget as i wouldn’t want to be spending much more than £100-120. Just curious to see what could be done. Cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What can you do with Domains?’ is closed to new replies.