Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • What can we do to make STW a happier, funnier place..?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Backhander you must have a Guilty Conscience 😉

backhander
    Free Member

Backhander you must have a Guilty Conscience

Always man, always.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

We could all post pictures of our bums.

moremudplease
    Free Member

hidden forums aint gonna be funny if we can,t find them and I don,t know anything about lack of humour vacuams,we have a dyson.

duckman

The eating,drinking,listening thread is a throw back.And all the better for it.

backhander
    Free Member

My best suggestion is more boobies. as always.
    You can never have too many boobies.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

For you backhander. a blue footed booby

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Do we need to start a new hidden forum somewhere on the interweb that will recapitulate some of that old irreverent fun vibe?

I think I will take to the grave my disappointment at not being invited to join Secret Singletrack (along with never having been good enough for a Man of Porridge invite, Jon).

Never mind. I raced BMX bikes in the eighties, and that compensates for pretty much everything.

BadlyWiredDog

Forums all go like that, it's the law. They start off sort of novel and innocent and friendly in a slightly smug, self-congratulatory sort of way. Then they get popular. The original posters find it hard to cope. It's a like a village in the green belt that gets a small housing development built alongside it. The regulars whine that all these nasty incomers are drinking at their local.

Then the disaffected originals start their own 'secret' splinter forum(s) and leave the barbarians to it. And then it all happens again. But somewhere, written into the law, is a sub-clause that says occasionally the odd original poster returns to paint the walls a nostalgic shade of misety-eyed sepia and ask plaintively 'didn't it all used to be so much better / funnier / nicer / more welcoming around here?'

And of course, it did, for them.

And then the whole process repeats itself endlessly ad nauseum.

Does that help?

deluded
    Free Member

BWD,

An excellent summation.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘What can we do to make STW a happier, funnier place..?’ is closed to new replies.