Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What can I watch from my Sky box for free?
  • bonzodog
    Free Member

Had my Sky HD box for over a year now and currently pay £47 a month for the movies & various packages.

If I completely cancelled my subscriptions with Sky (i.e. not paying them anything) would I be able to watch anything at all?

Was hoping to get the BBC & ITV channels(maybe in HD?) and Eurosport.

Stuey01
    Free Member

I think Eurosport is part of the news bundle (weirdly).

Also interested in the answer to this as I don’t think I get value from my full Sky World + HD package.

bonzodog
    Free Member

To be honest, for what TV I watch we could survive with just ITV (so the missus can watch Emm & Corrie).

Shakey
    Free Member

You would get a lot of the terrestrial channels and as they transmit BBC1 HD and ITV1 HD without an HD subscription you should get these as well.

GeForceJunky

Er … just take your subscription card out of your box and see!

Stuey01
    Free Member

Er … just take your subscription card out of your box and see!

What a good idea. I will do this tonight.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Yeah. Embarrasingly that never dawned on me either 😳

woody2000

I don’t think you get the HD channels, definitely don’t get Eurosport.

I have an old sky box + card, I think we get:

BBC 1-4
    ITV1-4
    Five, Fiver etc
    Channel 4, More 4, E4 etc
    Sky3
    CBS <something>
    Few music channels

Then a load of crap TBH 🙂 – Caribbean TV, religous channels etc

woody2000

Re taking your card out – I thought you needed a card in there, valid or not?

Still, easy enough to try!

Kevevs
    Free Member

film 4, more 4, E4,bbc 3/4, itv 2/3/4,some CBS stuff. I don’t watch that much telly these days, so I’m quite happy with this lot for free.you don’t need a card in there, just have it connected up to your dish.

GeForceJunky

* I will point out with my genius plan that you can either do that or you can buy a sky freesat card for £25 or something. At home we just don’t have a card at all and the only main things that it can’t pick up from the list on skys website for their freesat is Sky 3, Fiver and FiveUSA.

woody2000

You don’t need a Sky freesat card for those channels GFJ, an expired Sky card does the job (that’s what I have)

woody2000

your Sky+ won’t work though OP, just in case you hoped it would!

surfer
    Free Member

Oddly enough I cancelled my sky sports yesterday.

I pay circa £21 per month for the Sky HD box, all the terrestial channels and a music package and another package that gives me Eurosport.

I only hav time to watch the Liverpool games and although the quality is often poor ([edit] I meant the quality of the picture!!!)I can watch them on the web! For me it wasnt worth it.
    I dont watch Golf, Cricket or any other sports other than athletics and cycling which is on Eurosport and the amount of stuff on the other free channels has filled up my Sky box anyway so I dont miss the other channel!

Stuey01
    Free Member

dagnammit. I NEED the sky+, or at least an equivalent.

Hmm, so Freesat box with HDD or basic sky subscription. WWYD?

surfer
    Free Member

I would go with Sky for around £20 per month if you dont mind the dish. I find mine works very well.

Shakey
    Free Member

I have an HD+ plus and you definitely get some HD channels without needing an HD subscription. Also, just checked Google and you do get HD channels with Freesat.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What can I watch from my Sky box for free?’ is closed to new replies.