• This topic has 26 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • What can I do with all my Southern Comfort?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

Apart from drink it with lemonade/Dr Pepper/neat?
    Got three bottles of the stuff (two normal, one black cherry) and I need some inspirational drinks to make.

Harry_the_Spider

You could clean your brake rotors with it.

bearnecessities

With coke, all summer, at a selection of house parties & mid-week binges etc.

Hurl many times throughout the summer. Assist friends that are hurling, throughout summer.

Have a great summer.

Never drink it again for the rest of your life.

Cougar

I drink it with fresh orange juice and lemonade. Used to be a weapon of choice when I was at Uni. Lost count of the number of times I’d had a “Southern Comfort and Britvic Orange please” – “what, in the same glass?!” exchange with a barkeep.

Mind you, I also used to drink Snakebite made by asking for a bottle of Holsten Pils, a bottle of Diamond White and a pint glass. So read into that what you will.

P20

Used to drink with archers, but just on ice now

jimi
    Free Member

Goes nice with Cranberry juice or my preference – Irn Bru.

Could also try cooking steak in it. works with JD honey so might work with southern comfort

singlecrack
    Free Member

with ginger beer

BigJohn

I’d try a whisk(e)y sour, margarita, mojito or caiparinha style cocktail. These tend to be sweetened ( you won’t need that) and soured with lemon or lime, either juiced or muddled, and shaken with ice or served over crushed ice.

PS. When reading a mojito recipe they always mention soda water. IME they are best just doubling up on the spirit and leaving out the soda.

Used to drink with archers, but just on ice now

We drink with archers too, then front row, but when the play comes on at 7:45 we drink in front of the TV

merynella
    Free Member

Mix the standard Southern Comfort with dry vermouth for a Manhatton, adding a dash of Angostura bitters. The cherry stuff you’ll have to pour down the sink, I’m afraid.

shermer75
    Free Member
    umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Mix the standard Southern Comfort with dry vermouth for a Manhatton

A Manhattan is made with sweet Vermouth. Any proper cocktail recipe made with SoCo is gonna be a bit shit, just mix it with juices/sodas until it’s gone.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Orange juice and lemonade sounds nice, as does Archers (I think the wife has some in the cupboard).
    Think I’ll give the chocolate sauce a go too.
    What do you reckon to drinking it with Drambuie as I have a lot of that too?
    Maybe a bit potent?

user-removed
    Free Member

Gah! Pour it into a drunkard and buy some proper whisky.

batfink
    Free Member

with ginger beer

+1 for “Ginger comfort”

Cougar

Ooh ooh ooh,

Best thing ever to do with Scum, but it’s not really the weather for it yet. Pint glass, half fill with Tango, scoop of vanilla ice cream, shot of Southern Comfort over the top. Magnificent when relaxing in the sun.

tinybits
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member
    Hurl many times throughout the summer. Assist friends that are hurling, throughout summer.
    Have a great summer.
    POSTED 5 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

+1

Mind you, that was after mixing it with archers as well. Even the smell now…..

meehaja
    Free Member

Poured over carte d’or vanilla ice cream ftw

batfink
    Free Member

Pint glass, half fill with Tango, scoop of vanilla ice cream, shot of Southern Comfort over the top. Magnificent when relaxing in the sun.

….I have no words

merynella
    Free Member

A Manhattan is made with sweet Vermouth.

Ok, but a ‘Southern Comfort Manhattan’ is best with dry vermouth (call it something else), else you’ll die of sweetness. It’s the only way I know of making it drinkable.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I believe the preferred combo is speedos, moustache, on the rocks, with a small flag in it.

Sui
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member

Have a great summer.

you sound as though you’ve been where I’ve been.. Cant touch the stuff now!

willard

Ah, Southern Comfort. Reminds of a specific night in Bamburg where a friend and I killed a bottle between us. I’ve nto touched a drop since and that was in ’94.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Just bought a massive bottle of ginger beer.
    Let round one begin.
    Round two……tango and ice cream!

molgrips
    Free Member

Let us know what you’ve bought on ebay by 1.30am

epicsteve
    Free Member

It’s nice with lime & lemonade but I like the sound of trying it with ginger beer.

boxfish
    Free Member

1991, Southern Comfort promotion at the Union bar. Haven’t touched it since. 😀

MSP

Best thing ever to do with Scum, but it’s not really the weather for it yet. Pint glass, half fill with Tango, scoop of vanilla ice cream, shot of Southern Comfort over the top. Magnificent when relaxing in the sun.

Is it a wasp trap?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘What can I do with all my Southern Comfort?’ is closed to new replies.