Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What can I do with a bunch of scouts on Thursday?
  • winston
    Free Member

Totally forgot I’m supposed to be organizing the evening this week. Need idea’s for an indoor activity or 2 that lasts 2 hrs and keeps 20 noisy kids (11-13) out of trouble…..

Any ideas?

Sorry wrong forum.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

crab football.

LabWormy

Fill ya boots:

Shurdington Scouts

or

eScouts Forum

and if you are registered with the SA, then

Programmes online

matt_outandabout

Our scouts tonight (20 of, 2hrs) did some daft games, learned to tie woggles out of Turks head knot, cooked a couple of breakfast ideas on Trangias and cleaned up.

batfink
    Free Member

“casualty recovery” exercise was always a good fallback. They have to build a stretcher, take it through a obstacle course, recover the casualty, then back through the obstacle course. Timed from beginning to end, time penalties for hitting obstacles, dropping the casualty etc.

Mini-pioneering is good too…… loads of string/bamboo, challenge to build the tallest freestanding tower, bridge etc. That takes them hours.

Edit: make the tower exercise more interesting by it having to support a cup of water at the top

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Teach them how to use the apostroph’e.

😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

Murder some Christmas carols while cluttering up the exit of a supermarket.

garage-dweller

Untangling the big box of ropes from summer camp that you just slung in the van because it was piddling down when breaking camp.

Other things I vaguely recall from scouting days…

Knots
    Handyman stuff like glazing and taps
    First Aid
    Sketch show, get each patrol to come up with a current event and a comedy one and perform towards the end of the evening
    Knife sharpening/whittling tent pegs etc.

takisawa2

There’s loads of actuvites on OSM (assuming you use it).

JoeG
    Free Member
    CraigW
    Free Member

Play kabaddi.

senorj

British Bulldogs and then maybe some first aid. 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Bulldog was banned when I was a Scout in the 80s. Murder Ball wasn’t though.

manton69

Sock fighting or Ninja

BFITH
    Free Member

‘Dougal’ – A game I remember fondly from my time in the cubs/scouts. It involved a sadistic scout leader stood in the middle of the church hall swinging a heavy feather cushion tied to a particularly rough hemp rope, round in a circle.
    20-odd cubs/scouts stood in a circle trying to jump over said rope as the cushion came flying round – Last man standing wins (and avoids severe rope burn on his legs). Character building 😯

winston
    Free Member

Still do the rope swinging game – very popular

Anyway thanks for the suggestions. We ended up making an indoor assault course out of pioneering poles and then timing each patrol over it finishing of course with the barrel game to injure any remaining undamaged scouts…..

fd3chris
    Free Member

Find them some guides.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What can I do with a bunch of scouts on Thursday?’ is closed to new replies.