• This topic has 14 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What can I do to stop my watch strap stinking?
  • Spamf
    Free Member

Yet another watch strap in the bin due to the stench. I've tried febreeze, peppermint soap and washing machine.

Is it just me? Or do others have this problem too? And how does anyone remedy it? Or do you bin yours too?

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

Nail brush & shampoo whilst in bath!

Onzadog
    Free Member

metal watch strap, nail brush and hand soap.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I gave up with leather, rubber and webbing, too pongy, so now I use metal link straps, though they do occasionally pull out the odd arm hair 🙂

Lactic
    Free Member

My watch strap started humming after I stopped swimming regularly. I'm assuming the chlorine kept the bugs at bay.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Yeah, don't wear a watch.

brassneck

Yup, as Lactic. Shower with it on post ride?

neilnevill
    Free Member

Onza dog plus 1.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

easy

stumpy01

Get a cheap Timex Ironman or something similar with a rubbery strap & lots of cut-outs in it.

The cut-outs stop it getting really sweaty in the first place & you can give it a scrub easily to keep it clean.

I use the ultrasonic bath at work every now & again to clean my metal watch straps, once I've taken it off the watch! It's quite amazing how quickly the water goes black!

DezB
    Free Member

My wrist goes black if I wear my metal strapped Nixon riding. So I bought a £4.99 "Sports Watch" from Aldi and wear that on the bike. Top quality plasticness.

Woody
    Free Member

You sniff your watch strap 😯

BigJohn

Get a 2" bit of foam pipe lagging on your bars then strap your watch around it. It doesn't get sweaty and you can tell the time by looking down

epicyclo

Try vinegar before washing.

DT78
    Free Member

cheap g-shock.

if it smells buy a new one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What can I do to stop my watch strap stinking?’ is closed to new replies.