Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • What can I do….?!
  • Daffy

Right, I sold something on the classifieds, the buyer received the item just fine. He contacted me, saying there was some parts missing, which I then sent out to him. He then contacted me saying that the item was not performing well (I took the item straight from my own bike and it was working fine) and that he'd tried to rectify the problem, but to no avail and asked for a refund. I agreed to refund the buyer as he said he'd been desperate and had forked out on somthing else to replace the item I'd sold him.

Anyways the item was posted back to me weeks ago, but had seemingly gone missing in the post (RD so there was a trace). Eventually it has been confirmed than an item was signed for by my concierge on the same date as another royal mail parcel from The Whiskey Exchange. Now I fully remember picking up the package from TWE from Duncan (my concierge) but there was no other parcel.

Now I trust Duncan, but not RM, but what can I do….do I just have to refund the buyer and accept that the item is gone?!

This sucks, it's about the 5th item RM has lost in 9 months!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Maybe Albert the butler has it?

bammy
    Free Member

Daffy

I have just gone through a similar thing. Fill out a claim form, attach all the necessary documents (copies only!) send back, RM will then send you a letter saying how sorry they are and will enclose a book of first class stamps as compensation. Don't accept this, write back saying how you would have hoped RM would have taken this more seriously. You should then receive a letter asking you to send the original proof of posting, send this by recorded delivery, within 5 workings days they will send you a cheque for the full refund. Works for me anyway. Good luck.

Daffy

DaveyBoyWonder – Member
    Maybe Albert the butler has it?

Helpful, thanks 🙄

Daffy

Daffy

I have just gone through a similar thing. Fill out a claim form, attach all the necessary documents (copies only!) send back, RM will then send you a letter saying how sorry they are and will enclose a book of first class stamps as compensation. Don't accept this, write back saying how you would have hoped RM would have taken this more seriously. You should then receive a letter asking you to send the original proof of posting, send this by recorded delivery, within 5 workings days they will send you a cheque for the full refund. Works for me anyway. Good luck

Sadly, I don't think this'll work in this situation as they have a proof of delivery via a signature. the fact that they may only have a single signature for 2 items will be irrelevant.

I can't really blame Duncan either, as he simply may not have noticed.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It should be a signature per item. IIRC

bammy
    Free Member

The claim form should still work, just be persistant.
    If you dont shoot you dont score!

Daffy

TandemJeremy – Member
    It should be a signature per item. IIRC

You're right it should be, but Duncan signs for all of the parcels for 75 apartments and so it must become rather monotenous. I have no doubt that he signed for the parcel in a similar way that I have no doubt that he didn't actually receive it. He's a genuine guy and woulnd't know what to do with bike bits if they fell on his head.

warton
    Free Member

but Duncan signs for all of the parcels for 75 apartments and so it must become rather monotonous

So the RM have made an error in not getting an signature for both parcels? have they got a record of the signatures? they should have somewhere…

uplink
    Free Member

As to whether you refund the buyer?

It's up to him to get the parcel to you & it looks like Dunc signed for it [one way or another] – so yes, you need to refund him

Daffy

warton – Member

So the RM have made an error in not getting an signature for both parcels? have they got a record of the signatures? they should have somewhere…

I'll have to contact TWE and ask them if they still have the tracking reference.

roblerner
    Free Member

RM should have a copy of the signature for both parcels, if not then it's their problem and they will refund you. If they do have a signature then it's your butler's fault for not checking what he was signing for or losing the parcel.

grumm
    Free Member

You're right it should be, but Duncan signs for all of the parcels for 75 apartments and so it must become rather monotenous.

So what? That's his job surely? Sounds like it's Duncan's fault not RM's really.

Daffy

grum – Member

So what? That's his job surely? Sounds like it's Duncan's fault not RM's really.

So, it's Duncan's fault that the parcel isn't there?! Are you for real?

grumm
    Free Member

So, it's Duncan's fault that the parcel isn't there?!

It's his fault that he signed for something that wasn't delivered (or lost it afterwards) yup. At least as much his fault as RM's.

uplink
    Free Member

if he signed for something he didn't receive, it's his fault that RM believe it's been correctly delivered

Daffy

uplink – Member

if he signed for something he didn't receive, it's his fault that RM believe it's been correctly delivered

perhaps, but it's not his fault that they've lost the **** parcel in the first place is it?

roblerner
    Free Member

it's not his fault that they've lost the **** parcel in the first place is it?

Except he shouldn't have signed for it if there was no parcel! Now you can't tell if RM lost it and he signed for nothing (that would be equally RM and Duncan's fault), or if he signed for the right parcel and then lost it himself (Duncan's fault).

Might someone else in the building have picked it up? See if you can have a look who else got parcels that day.

Daffy

Rob – already done it mate, but it's been 3 weeks, no-one's gonna own up to it now.

j_me
    Free Member

Have you issued a refund ?

soobalias
    Free Member

i have nothing constructive to say

Daffy

j_me – Member
    Have you issued a refund ?

Not yet, It's only been determined in the past day that the missing parcel has been signed for. It took RM 3 weeks to determine that much.

j_me
    Free Member

Sorry but I would be pretty pi55ed if I had to return something And had proof of delivery but the shop/vendor/seller wasn't refunding me.

Whether it's duncan's, royal mail's or even you own fault it certainly isn't the fault of the guy that returned it.

j_me
    Free Member

Oooooops double post

Daffy

You, may well be, but i'm not a shop, thee was nothing wrong with the item when i sold it, I have no idea if they were even sent back, it could have been a pack of jelly tots for all i know, and it now looks like i'm about to be £300 out of pocket.

Lesson learnt – no good deed goes unpunished.

j_me
    Free Member

Unfortunate, and I do sympathise. But you will have the moral high ground.
    (I think the jelly tots scenario is unlikely)

Daffy

Sadly the jelly-tots thing is not a figment of my imaginings, but actually happened with an eBay sale and refund. He got a full refund as he had proof of delivery of the returned package despite the contents.

j_me
    Free Member

I have no response to that.
    Guess we will never know.

uplink
    Free Member

it could have been a pack of jelly tots for all i know,

Well it would have taken some engineering for him to ship it [or fake its shipment], get a signature from Dunc & then make it disappear, so why would he attempt to ship a pack of sweets?

it's not an ebay sale so no benefit in doing that

Dunc put his moniker on the RM receipt so you're a bit stuck without any valid reason not to pay

Daffy

I'm not saying he engineered it, far from it. I'm just saying I don't know and that it's happened in the past. Once bitten etc etc.

I just feel I've ended up with raw deal.

I posted and they arrived,
    I agreed a refund for something I knew was working,
    I don't have the item back,
    I have to give back the money.

❗ ❓ 🙁 😕

Kamikirk
    Free Member

I'm not saying he engineered it, far from it. I'm just saying I don't know and that it's happened in the past. Once bitten etc etc.

I posted and they arrived,
    I don't have the item back,
    I have to give back the money.

I have been feeling like i had a raw deal also.

– I get the brakes without bolts and needed spacers and had to chase this up so I can fit them.
    – Next they dont work and leak DOT 5.1 from the front brake lever area.
    – I post them the next day and follow up RM repeatedly once they seem to fail to arrive and keep you updated.
    – I then find they were signed for at your address by Duncan the day after i posted them.

Not once do i doubt you nor do i drag it to STW forums as i feel we can deal with it privately.

Finally i still have no paypal notice the refund you agreed tonight when i was out biking.

Oh and the parcel did have Tangfastics in as well as the brakes as i ate the mule bar that was part of the price so thought i should return something in kind, however the Elixirs were definitely in there also in the same packaging you sent them to me in.

I have really tried to be 100% open, transparent and reasonable at every turn but now would really like my money back as soon as possible.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Perhaps it got damaged in the post? Who knows?

I think the buyer has. They received something that didn't work for them. Buyer has returned it via RD and is satisfied that it was signed for upon arrival. It's not his/her fault that RM/Duncan messed up. They never got the part they hoped for and are now out of pocket with nothing to show for it. It might full rough but I'd refund teh buyer and make sure I got compensated by RM if only one parcel had a signature. If both were signed for then I'd havea chat with Duncan.

timc
    Free Member

Duncan's fault…

uplink
    Free Member

So you delay refunding the buyer??

there's 3 people in this triangle

Kamikirk – he returned the goods & has proof of delivery
    RM – they delivered the goods & have proof of delivery
    Duncan signed for the goods but can't remember doing so, presumably he's not paid to sign for parcels for you & does it as a favour? you can't blame him then

Get your wallet out & refund Kamikirk, there's no reason whatsoever to delay

My list of folks never to deal with on the classifieds is growing by the day

monksie_
    Free Member

I can't believe Kamikirk hasn't got his cash back. Immediate refund is due, surely?
    I visit this side of the site less and less now but a couple of times a week I have a peek in the classifieds. Like Uplink, my list of 'I'll not bother' sellers is growing.

Daffy

Woah – put your pitch forks away!

I'd already phoned the buyer and told him I'd refund him before this thread got sanctimonius (yes uplink and monksie, I'm talking to you) and personal (Rich – I'm talking to you on ths one…I never mentioned you or the item sold)

Personal circumstances demanded my attention last night and I've only just gotten to work after driving almost 500 miles last night. The very first thing I did was to refund Rich. I then get down to my usual busy work (tea, snack and STW) and find this!

Thanks a bunch guys! No really, THANKS.

Monksie – You've been on here for 2 weeks FFS! I've been contributing buying and selling for 4+ years!

monksie_
    Free Member

daffy – Yes, I'm talking to you.
    I can't see any reason why the hell you didn't send the guy his money back as soon as it became apparent that the item(s) had been returned and received (all be it by somebody else but that's not the buyers fault – being the very crux of the issue).
    I've been a contributor to this website since it's Go Far days (although I fail to see how that has any bearing).
    I originally edited my post up there as I included a tale that I had to tell about an experience I had. I couldn't remember for definate what the person's name was but if it is as I suspect, it may have some relevance. Here it is.
    I sold some Easton carbon riser bars on here earlier this year (or last year) but when I was taking them off of the bike, I scored them with the brake clamp. They looked OK'ish but I wasn't sure. I hadn't received any money (or if I had I'd refunded it), sent the bars with an apology and explanation by email and said "Have a look at them. If you think they're OK, please send the cash but if you don't like the look of them, please bin them, use as an ornament etc". All based on my trust in good natured people.
    The buyer emailed back to say they had access to some kind of measuring device at work or something and would be able to check if the carbon was damaged or just the outer layer and would let me know.
    I didn't hear another thing, no money or anything so assumed they were furbar'ed. A bit rude not to let me know but there you go.
    I remember seeing the F***er had advertised them for sale a few months later on a different website.
    As above, I can't now remember who but I have a strong suspicion which I'll keep to myself 🙂

Rich
    Free Member

Was it Duncan's signature or a scribble done by the Postman himself, as often happens around here?

You can usually check on the RM website?

Daffy

Rich – Member
    Was it Duncan's signature or a scribble done by the Postman himself, as often happens around here?

You can usually check on the RM website?

Rich – I don't have access to the signature, I just have a forwarded e-mail from the RM that states it was signed for by a mr D Elmer, which is his name. I have no reason to doubt the buyer or Duncan in this case.

Monksie – There was never any question of the buyer getting a refund, the question asked was: do I just have to refund the buyer and accept that the item is gone?! There was two parts to it… (perhaps not worded as well as it could have been).

I was asking for advice like I got from Bammy and Warton.

If you have been on here since year dot, I apologise, but I think you've just crossed the line if implying that sold on something that was given for free on STW, It's something I have never and will never do, and I'm quite frankly quite insulted by your insinuation to the contrary!

I did get some Easton Risers off here that were damaged (Your e-mail address isn't familiar to me, but i did e-mail to say they'd arrived, which is more than I get from most on here), but I think you'll be hard pressed to find that I sold them on as it simply never happend!

They failed inspection and they were cut up (the RHS and the centre I believe) and in Mech-eng the university of Leeds to be used in hardness and compression testing comparissons to Toray M55J Carbon laminate.

You can't possibly have any information to the contrary as it simply NEVER happened.

I only ever use STW and eBay to sell and buy, so if you saw them somewhere else, it was SOMEONE ELSE.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘What can I do….?!’ is closed to new replies.