Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what can i buy/ modify to fit this rack nicely other than P clips or tubus kit?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

I have acquired the rack shown below without any fittings . Attaching some struts to seat stays is no problem and i could use P clips at the rack end but wondered if anyone could think of a nicer way to do it ? I’m thinking of these bits of hardware that you see on some racks that neatly bolt round any tubular piece on the rack and have another hole or thread to attach the stay to if you get my drift . don’t know what they’re called or where you’d get them but thought i’d utilize the brain power of STW to maybe come up with more ideas Oh..yes i can buy the kit from blackburn it seems but prefer to bodge at their price!
    here’s the rack shown below . as mentioned i have no attachment arms or fittings .thanks in advance
    Bill

kaiser
    Free Member

may have found something after all ..not clear how it attaches though for a 5er posted it’s worth the risk!

cynic-al
    Free Member

bodging something for the bottom mount would be tricky IMO.

THere’s a reason you got it free…

shermer75
    Free Member

Doesn’t the bottom attach to the rear axle?

kaiser
    Free Member

no bottom doesn’t attach to axle ..i have braze ons for that so not a problem .Didn’t get it free but when sorted will still not cost much and p clips would work if necessary .

cookeaa

A QR extendy plate thingy? something like this?

cynic-al
    Free Member

A rack weighs a bit more than mudguards…

Interested to see how you get on OP!

kaiser
    Free Member

i’ll post a photo when sorted. fully confident as experienced bodger!

kaiser
    Free Member

well ..after all that, when the rack arrived ( sold without fittings ) ,all the fittings were there so no bodge required.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what can i buy/ modify to fit this rack nicely other than P clips or tubus kit?’ is closed to new replies.