Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What camping stove?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

My ancient Epigas stove has given up the ghost, so I need a new decent lightweight burner. What’s good?

Also, could do with something larger for family car-campin trips too. Any suggestions?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Ive been very impressed with the Primus eta stoves I have.

I have three 😳

One is a big multi fuel, the two smaller ones just rub on gas.

The stoves have efficient windbreaks and the pot bottoms have a fancy heat exchanger. They are very controllable.

peterfile
    Free Member

I bought one of THESE 2 years ago after reading a couple of recommendations on UKC.

It has performed faultlessly over the last two years, used most weekends in all weathers. All i’ve had to do is tighten the legs on one occasion (just a regular screwdriver).

I got mine for £15 including postage from HK. it comes in a decent wee bag too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    piemonster

Trangia, I do love Meths.

parkesie
    Free Member

Jet boils are a convenient and fast come in a range of sizes. Bigger stuff not got a clue im still using a £10 single ring one i picked up 11 years ago.

beaker2135

Can’t go wrong with any MSR imho

Stoner
    Free Member

Much as I love my MSR Pocket Rocket, I find it a bit slow, especially in the wind even with a wind baffle. Im toying with getting a jetboil for my solo bivvy trips in future.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i do like my MSR for robust but you gotta keep em clean.

borrowed a jetboil a few times and quite like it although tis bulky

willard

A Jetboil is great for boiling just water a few times, hence the reason a lot of squaddies use them on exercise. For something a bit more long term, go for a multifuel stove, maybe an MSR whisperlite. Come to think of it, Go Systems does a multifuel burnet that looks quite good.

houndlegs
    Free Member

I picked one of these up the other day,used it over the weekend,very impressed
    http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/inferno-folding-gas-stove-p158211

allthegear
    Free Member

A few years ago, I had a petrol stove from Sigg but it went missing mysteriously…

Was an amazing stove – wish I could find another.

Rachel

rudebwoy
    Free Member

I picked one of these up the other day,used it over the weekend,very impressed
    http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/inferno-folding-gas-stove-p158211

yep, they are good value, stable and efficient–fine unless you are planning to go in the wilderness/far off lands where gas cannisters are non existent.

bencooper
    Free Member

We’ve got a Jetboil which is very good, but I’ve just got hold of a Biolite and it’s fantastic – no more messing about with disposable gas canisters, and it’s great fun to just play with fire.

boblo
    Free Member

The Whisperlites can be a bit dorty if run on anything other than Coleman Fuel/White Gas/Essence C. However the newish one runs on propane cans as well so a good option if a bit heavy.

The newish Primus Lander looks good if you fancy l/w multifuel:

Lander

Or perhaps the Edelrid Opilo or Primus Express Spider for a remote can/preheater gas stove if cold weather use is planned?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What camping stove?’ is closed to new replies.