Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • What cameras do you own?
  • Me

Beach/water/biking etc – Olympus TG4

Don’t want to take the big camera/usually with me – Sony RX100iv

Big camera – Sony A77ii – (lenses) SAL 1650 f2.8, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5, Minolta 50mm f1.7, plus a few others

*Note, not a willy waving sesh, as none of them are top end – interested what people are using

DrJ

Been a Nikon user for ever. Currently D800E.

I thought I would replace it with my Olympus OMD EM 1 but it turns out that the resolution and dynamic range just aren’t comparable. It is good for travel though.

Also RX100iv for when I haven’t space or energy for the Oly

Fuji X100. Just because.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

cannon eos 7xx and a 1000 series
    go pro
    nexus 6p

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cp

One Plus 3 – on me all the time

Panasonic GX80 mirrorless – great very versatile camera. Perfect for travel and out and about with the kid.

Canon 50D, because sometimes it’s just nice to use an optical viewfinder, and to have the handling of a proper SLR.

Ixus something – given to the boy to distract him from causing havoc to my ‘proper’ ones 🙂

kjcc25
    Free Member

I’ve had a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 for just over a year now and very pleased with it. Always was a fan of the Canon bridge cameras but got a bit fed up of them going for more powerful zooms at every update instead of improving the sensor. FZ1000, with its one inch sensor is superb.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Canon 5d mk3- Canon 15mm f2.8 Fisheye,24-70 f2.8,50mm f1.8 and 70-200 f2.8is
    Olympus TG4
    Various 35mm Film & various lenses
    Bronica Medium Format

siwhite
    Free Member

IPhone 5s – with me all the time – ‘the best camera is the one you have with you’
    Panasonic LX5 – smallest take anywhere camera
    Panasonic GX8 – wonderful MFT, smaller than some of my DSLR lenses
    Nikon D90 – never leaves the house, and currently for sale
    Loads of lenses and flash for above – also for sale
    Fuji X100s – beautiful thing, but for sale to fund a prime lens for the GX8

geetee1972
    Free Member

Leica SL with manual focus M lenses, 50 Summilux and 35 Summicron.

Sadly I have just had to let the Hasselblad go; it was perhaps my favourite camera but it was cost both in terms of time and money to shoot with. That and I needed to pay off my credit card!

redthunder
    Free Member

Panasonic Lumix TZ40.
    My pix with it over the years.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/58162507@N07/

Clips on shoulder strap of the pack or belt when not riding. Always with me 🙂

el_boufador

Olympus Tg4 – great camera

Canon 500d and a few lenses

A broken canon s100
    A broken canon g12

Gopro2

JVC camcorder that I never use

Canon ixus 50 – never use.

Canon power shot 90? or something – again never used.

badllama
    Free Member

Main camera is a Panasonic GH4 with 12-35 and 35-100 f2.8 Panasonic lenses plus an old Canon FD 300mm F2.8 Telephoto lens I use with a metabones adapter and the GH4 for wildlife/sports, sharpest lens I’ve ever used btw.

An old Panasonic DMC-LX5 that i used to use on radio controlled planes and helicopters (Pre DJI days)when you actually had to know how to fly stuff to get a camera in the air.

Two Hero 2’s

Prior to the GH4 shot Canon for years Canon T70, T90 pre-Digital. Post digital 300D, 20D, 40D 7D and 7d Mark II.
    Also used to have a Mamiya 645, plus winder and a few lenses.
    Also Video cameras Canon XM1, XL1, XL1s and XL2

mickyfinn
    Free Member

NIkon D810
    FujiX10
    2 Holga’s
    Bronica SQ-AI
    iPhone SE
    Too many lenses

rone

Panasonic GH4 & GH5 with lenses.
    Red Epic & Dragon
    DJI osmo pro
    DJI inspire one pro
    DJi p4p+
    DVX200
    Canon L 24-70, 70-200, 50
    Tamron Wide Zoom
    RED PRIMES 18,25,50,85,100,300

My favourite setup is the GH5 and the 20mm. Awesome look, low contrast and flares beautifully.

We’re video not stills, but the crossover is pretty keen now with only shutter speed being the key difference.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Cambo Actus with long rail, Schneider digitars 120, 100, 80, 60
    Sony A7rII and A7r as spare body.
    Canon 24TSE II, 24-70 2.8II, 100mm2.8L macro, 90mm TSE sigma and metabones adapter to Sony e mount, zeiss 55 1.8 e-mount.
    Atomos ninja assassin and cage for A7, zoom HD sound recorder
    Lots of elinchrom flash, triggers and grip/avenger stands
    Big old manfrotto alloy tripod and a nice carbon Gitzo that cost a fortune
    More bags and roller cases than you.
    Anything else I just hire and bill on the job, I see no point in owning high value (over 5k) items unless they are earning every day especially if they depreciate fast like bodies, lenses tend to hold their value.

Got rid of all my medium format gear as a 120mb tiff is big enough for clients and the quality is no different if you use top quality lenses (the digitars are better than anything in a canon/e mount apart from perhaps an Otus).
    This stuff has to pay though so if something isn’t being used I tend to get rid of it and don’t do vanity purchases as that doesn’t do anything for the business bottom line.

I expect compared to some gear heads on here I have very little equipment.

rone

This stuff has to pay though so if something isn’t being used I tend to get rid of it and don’t do vanity purchases as that doesn’t do anything for the business bottom line.

Couldn’t agree more.

5thElefant
    Free Member

a900, a7, Rx10, DJI Phantom 3, Panasonic HX-A1M, Xperia Z1.

badllama
    Free Member

rone,
    That some kit list I take it your pro? RED abit OTT for family on the beach footage 😀

rone

rone,
    That some kit list I take it your pro? RED abit OTT for family on the beach footage

Yes it’s a bit cumbersome for holiday snaps.

Actually without two or more crew it’s a pain.

Yes we’re a small production company. Can’t keep up with Red stuff now as they’ve priced us out a little bit. It has paid for itself though in rentals.

Coming full circle though and loving all the DJI gimbal based stuff.

Small is good.

How do you rate the GH4 compared to your other stuff?

IMO Panasonic have revolutionised the ‘DSLR’ video market.

z1ppy

Sony RX100 II, just wanted something that was pretty good quality, portable, didn’t cost the earth (had a rebate from sony), and wouldn’t make me cry if I break/lose it. Had it a couple of years now, usually lives year round in a (non-waterproof) pouch on my MTB bag, so pretty exposed & still works well.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Cambo Actus with long rail, Schneider digitars 120, 100, 80, 60

You’re using this with the Sony I take it?

LMT
    Free Member

Have a couple nothing big though,

Cannon EOS-M the first version, I know it’s got slated in reviews but I’ve took some good pictures with it, and it’s just the right size, lenses cost a fortune though!

GoPro session, first time trying this the other week and it’s pretty cool for a camera so small.

I’ve got 2 pocket cybershots, just handy to have.

Last one is a cannon eos-3, old style film camera, got numerous lenses, last used 10 years ago, great camera but digital changed my camera habits.

MrSmith
    Free Member

You’re using this with the Sony I take it?

Yes, I used to shoot 10×8 and 5×4 ‘back in the day’ but never liked the medium format solutions to using movements as they were cumbersome and with poor live view, this for me is the best of both worlds and very portable. I fly with it quite often and it all fits in a backpack.

5thElefant
    Free Member

GoPro session, first time trying this the other week and it’s pretty cool for a camera so small.

That’s on my list for next year, along with a DJI Spark.

In general my actual cameras, although old, are good enough and I can’t see that changing for quite a while. Action cameras, and [in particular] drones are still advancing at a rapid rate.

Defender
    Free Member

Olympus SZ31MR, nice pocket sized compact, good zoom, great for shows etc.
    Olympus Stylus1, a powerful zoom, packed with features, good view finder.

I still have my Canon EOS620 35mm camera, lenses and flash etc!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Yes, I used to shoot 10×8 and 5×4 ‘back in the day’ but never liked the medium format solutions to using movements as they were cumbersome and with poor live view, this for me is the best of both worlds and very portable. I fly with it quite often and it all fits in a backpack.

Interesting; and what is the effective field of view on the Sony with the Schneider lenses?

MrSmith
    Free Member

angle of view is the same (80mm is 80mm whatever the lens, its format that changes a.o.v. Though you know this)
    They have a bigger image circle so movements are greater than a native tilt/shift lens.

kiwijohn

Fuji:
    X-T1
    X10
    GSW 690 iii
    Canon:
    FX
    EF
    T50
    T70 x6
    EOS 630
    EFM
    I think that’s it, may be more I missed.

geetee1972
    Free Member

They have a bigger image circle so movements are greater than a native tilt/shift lens.

So the projected image circle of the 80mm Schneider on the Sony would be something similar to an equivalent FF 35mm lens? I confess I still find the large format crop factor very confusing. An 80mm MF lens being similar field of view to a 50mm FF lens I get but when you start using that lens on a FF camera it just messes with my head!

Actually ignore my statement I really haven’t a clue to be honest.

Denis99
    Free Member

Ricoh GR , wonderful small camera that produces great images. you can take this camera anywhere due to its small physical size.

Fuji X Pro 2, 23mm F2, 35mm F2, 50mm F2, 90mm F2
    Great camera, but the lens are fantastic, wonderful colour renditions.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Actually ignore my statement I really haven’t a clue to be honest.

you need to google F.O.V/format/focal length comparison as that would explain it better than me.
    think of it like aps-c compared to full frame 35mm except the formats go up in scale.
    a 90mm is:
    wide on a 5×4
    standard on MF
    long on 35mm
    telephoto on aps-c

they are all 90mm focal length but the angle of view increases as the format gets bigger.

i forgot i also have a sigma DP-3 Merrill. slow, quirky, eats batteries, takes ages to write a file, poor software usability, crap high ISO but amazing file quality when the planets align

user-removed
    Free Member

Cupboard full of film cameras, mostly Nikon.

Nikon AW compact for beach / bottom of rucksack.

Nikon D800 and a couple of D700s for work.

Infrared converted Nikon D70 for arty farty stuff.

Massive piles of lenses, studio lights, flashguns, filters, tripods etc etc…

geetee1972
    Free Member

i forgot i also have a sigma DP-3 Merrill. slow, quirky, eats batteries, takes ages to write a file, poor software usability, crap high ISO but amazing file quality when the planets align

I love the files the Foveon sensor produces. It’s such a shame it’s in such a fog of a body.
    L

redmex
    Free Member

Pentax k30 and k3 loads of manual lens from the 80’s that work great but a wee lumix tz40 for holidays

CraigW
    Free Member

Panasonic Lumix G5, with a few lenses. Takes some decent photos, a nice size for carrying around all day.

Panasonic Lumix FT20. Waterproof and tough, great to have in my pocket for running and cycling etc.

GoPro Hero 3. Not used much, except for attaching to a quadcopter.

greentricky
    Free Member

Pentax K50 for me

sadexpunk

HTC M8. The one that’s with me all the time……

DezB
    Free Member

Canon Powershot S95
    Sony Alpha A57 – mostly used for sports and it’s great.

frankconway

Canon eos6d; 50mm f1.4, 16-35mm f2.8L IS, 70-200mm f4L IS.
    Various other bits inc flash, tripod etc.
    Tempted by 40mm pancake because of size and image sharpness
    Canon Ixus 960 – only drawback is limited zoom.

Russell96

Nikon D7100
    Nikon D750
    Fuji X-T2 – newest addition have to say Fuji do themselves proud with the kit lens head n shoulders above the usual kit lenses
    Fuji X30
    Panasonic LX100
    Sony A7 – perm wedded to the Zeiss 55mm
    Canon EOS M – dire slow autofocus but due to that a couple years back Argos were knocking them out for 200quid so a great price for an APS compact

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Canon gear.
    5d3.
    6d
    15mm fisheye
    16-35 2.8 Mk2
    24-70 2.8 mk2
    50 1.4
    85 1.8
    70-200 2.8 mk3
    100-400 4.5 mk2
    1.4x extender

2 Speedlite 580 ex2
    Speedlite 480 ex2

wireless TTL flash triggers.
    Assorted Manfotto tripods.
    Assorted brollies and a couple of flash stands
    A couple of high capacity portable flash power packs.
    A wired remote and a wireless one.

90% of work could be done with the 24-70 and the 85 for head shots. As I never know what I’ll be shooting for the paper I need a bit more than I intend to use.
    For my own use I think I could get by with 15mm, 24-70 and either of the long zooms.

My favourite MTB photog is Nathen Hughes and 95% of his stuff is either the 70-200 or the fisheye. Check him out on pinkbike:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/gear-check-nathan-hughes-photo-pack-2015.html

Edit: and lots of Lee filters and assorted polarisers.
    And 2 GoPro hero 4 Black, a Hero 4 Session and 2 gimbals. One wearable, 1 handheld. Lots of mounts.

I really don’t know where this stuff appears from.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘What cameras do you own?’ is closed to new replies.