Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What Camelbak to carry a full-face helmet/pads?
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

Considering a full-face helmet for d/h but as I ride to and from the trails this could be a problem 😉 . Anyone ride to the trails with helmet/guards in a Camelbak. There appear to be a few different models which will take a full-face but they’re probably all bigger than me! Anyone (or anyone’s kids) have experience of the Camelbak Calamity? – is it big enough for a full-facer.

Gary_C

I’ve got a Camelbak HAVOC,takes a f/f lid fixed behind a ‘flap’,leg guards stashed either side,& arm guards underneath.
    The zipper to access the inner compartment opens almost all the way round,so it opens like a book,allowing easy access to the insides.
    It also has a padded goggles pouch built in.
    Highly reccommended.

GW
    Free Member

lid straped to the stem, pads strapped to the top tube, no camelback required 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GNARGNAR
    Free Member

The Havoc has room for a full facer and plenty of loops to attach pads to. However, with 3 litres of water, full face helmet pads + whatever kit your carrying it can be very very heavy. I think the mayhem, mule and hawg also have the full face carrier.

TBH unless you have a very long push/climb you’d be better off clipping the helmet to your bars and wearing the pads. Fussing about with the straps is annoying, you can barely get access to the bag at all with a helmet in there, and taking the pads off and on gets pretty unpleasant after you’ve soaked them with sweat on a run.

davey_clayton
    Free Member

I’ve got a dakine drafter. The helmet and pads clip on outside using pinch clip straps, so are easy to get at and don’t affect storage inside the bag. It’s a great bag, but I’m not too keen on the bladder that came with it.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Cheers all – some useful info there. I have a 40min/1.5 hour ride to the trails depending on whether I ride Cwmcarn or Wentwood so I need something pretty comfy.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Just managed to pick up a new ladies’ Drafter for just over 40 quid off ebay – spot on 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What Camelbak to carry a full-face helmet/pads?’ is closed to new replies.