• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What cable operated 30.9 uppy downy seatpost?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

After reading the threads about frame warranties not extending to cracked frames where a seatpost shim has been used maybe its time for me to wave bye bye to my much loved KS 9000. 27.2 post and shim and buy a post that fits my Blur properly.

Must be cable operated as the frame only takes that type and I don’t want cable ties all over.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Spesh do there command post in 30.9
    Mines 3 years old and still works ok. It getting a little sticky but just needs some tlc

deano8
    Free Member

Love my ks dropzone.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    roverpig

In the fine tradition of recommending what you have, I’ll second the Command Post. Only had mine a year, but it has not let me down yet. Not too hard to strip down and re-grease when needed. Mine is an old model (with a new, much improved, lever), but I dare say the new ones are even better.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I loved my KS Lev, expensive but worked perfectly and had a fixed cable position.

It also came in a tiny size for my short legs.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lev working fine for me though check for current importer/warranty arrangements.

greeble
    Free Member

Must be cable operated as the frame only takes that type and I don’t want cable ties all over.

Thats where these little gizmo’s come into play….

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/m-part/hose-guide-set-ec009769

ditch the zip tie and black plastic clip in the pic. You can fit the two metal adaptors to the cable guides and use the likes of a reverb…

easy peasy

nickdavies

Giant contact switch? Mines done about 18 months and not a problem aside from occasional strip and lube. You’ve also got those sub £100 ones xflo or something.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Giant contact switch here ..it’s so easy to clean and service …you just need to tape over the hole at the front to stop the grit and water getting in

turbo1397
    Free Member

Spesh blacklite command post here.. not had a problem yet in a year..:)

Gary_C

Gravity Dropper IMHO. Nothing else comes close.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Another Giant contact user here, pretty damn good for the money

Tracey

We are running Specialized Command posts on six bikes in our family with no problems at all.

sidders34
    Free Member

Was going to post with a left field choice of a giant contact dropper, but see they are more popular than I thought.

Had mine 18 months and its been completely reliable. Bit of side to side movement from new but has never increased, don’t notice it when riding.

Chris

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Anyone know where you can buy the Giant one? I can’t find one?

enduroforever
    Free Member

I’m selling mine have a look in the classifieds

JoeG
    Free Member

KS Lev+1.

I don’t have any experience with other brands, though.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What cable operated 30.9 uppy downy seatpost?’ is closed to new replies.