Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • what brand carbon 29er wheels will crop up at eurobike soon…
  • onceinalifetime
    Free Member

???

Got the craving bigtime!
    Wondering who new to expect competitively priced wheels from. Obviously we,ll rule out mavic!!!

Gotama
    Free Member

Have look on mtbr in the 29er components thread. There’s some chinese ones that are getting good reviews and i think delivery is pretty good. Not what you asked but may be helpful.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Giant have got some coming. DT hubs, straight pull spokes ,1400grams and should be sub £1500.

brant
    Free Member

Yeah – those $160 ones from China look great.
    So great I couldn’t be arsed making any ourselves.

MrTall
    Free Member

Aren’t the Easton ones (2011) half price on CRC at the moment?

clubber
    Free Member

brant – Member
    Yeah – those $160 ones from China look great.

Link? Can’t seem to find it..

Gotama
    Free Member

http://forums.mtbr.com/29er-components/cheap-chinese-carbon-rims-673410.html

Edit that takes you to the start of the thread which is 51 pages long!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

1400grams and should be sub £1500.

My Arch-EX based wheels will be lighter than that (when I finlay get hold of some nipple washers to build the feckers!)

rs
    Free Member

^ he said nipple washers 😀

njee20
    Free Member

My Arch-EX based wheels will be lighter than that (when I finlay get hold of some nipple washers to build the feckers!)

Therein lies the issue of carbon wheels!

Folk always come back with the ‘they’re stronger’ argument, but I don’t tend to trash rims, and I could trash 10 alu rims for your average carbon one!

Chinese ones appeal though, cheap way of trying tubs perhaps…

Rorschach
    Free Member

Same weight….LOTS stiffer! Never said they were good value though!!

mcboo
    Free Member

1400grams and should be sub £1500.

My American Classic Race 29er are 1450g and list at £600 (and I got them a lot cheaper than that)

njee20
    Free Member

My American Classic Race 29er are 1450g and list at £600 (and I got them a lot cheaper than that)

My ZTR Podium/A2Zs are 1246g (with valves and yellow tape), and cost less than £300. Is it a competition?

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

What are Roval wheels like anyone?

Aidan
    Free Member

USE have some prototype carbon rims that look nice (well, round and shiny at least).

No idea when they’ll be out or if they’ll be at Eurobike…

njee20
    Free Member

What are Roval wheels like anyone?

Good, Stan’s licensed rim profile. Newest ones don’t have any bead hook, which is interesting.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Yeah those are the ones i,m interested in. Not really after huge weightsavings as i,m not exactly lightweight.
    Just trying to gauge how nuch 25psi the min to run on the 2013 rovals as i always go by touch plus blackburn psi gauges don,t seem to actually work 😛

mcboo
    Free Member

njee20 – Member

My ZTR Podium/A2Zs are 1246g (with valves and yellow tape), and cost less than £300. Is it a competition?

I’m pointing out that you dont need to spend £1500 on light wheels. I’m 6’3 and 82kg so unlikely your featherweights would last under me for very long. So no, thats not the type of competition I’m much concerned with.

njee20
    Free Member

I’m never quite sure why height is relevant in those sort of statements. The relevant part is “I’m 82kg”, and yet people seem always seem to feel the need to append their height 😕

Just trying to gauge how nuch 25psi the min to run on the 2013 rovals as i always go by touch plus blackburn psi gauges don,t seem to actually work

I’d recommend getting a gauge that works, squeezing is a really dreadful way of working out what pressure you want! If nothing else you won’t be able to tell the difference (with any degree of accuracy) between 25 and 35, and the bike will ride rather differently!

mcboo
    Free Member

Oh sorry does that sting? We’re getting into willy waving territory here but I’d suggest it’s subliminaly saying “not fat” and therefore dont tend to doodle around the trails and quite hard on kit. Fair enough?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘what brand carbon 29er wheels will crop up at eurobike soon…’ is closed to new replies.