Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What brakes ? recommendations please
  • Evening all.

I’ve just hear that Cube have sent the lbs a new frame to replace my 2013 cube super stereo race that split recently (only 6 months old as it was a clearance buy).

Never been overly impressed with the Magura mtc 180 brakes that came on the bike.

As the bike will be rebuilt on the new frame next week I’m thinking of getting the brakes changed.

What do you think / recommend.

I’m 6’3 and 17.5 stone and ride mainly moors and quarries over oldham and rochdale.

What’s good for up to and around the £200 mark.

Thanks in advance for any advice

welshfarmer

^^^ what he said

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gogg
    Free Member

Zee in a full retail pack at my LBS

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Some bike dealers seem to have a deal on at the moment with Shimano XT brake sets including rotors and pads for around £250. That’s where I am going to replace my Avid Elixir’s.

drovercycles
    Free Member

XT or Zee would be my recommendation, although having said that SRAM/Avid are just launching their new brakes and they look pretty good too, and very well priced.

tomhoward

Shimano at whatever budget suits.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Not Hi-Jacking…..but no need for a new brake thread….

Any shouts for the Hope Tech 3 E4’s? Close to a purchase…..they look great!! But how do they perform?

br
    Free Member

You won’t go wrong with SLX’s (I replaced my Hope Tech’s after splitting both calipers in the same month with these), and maybe just run a 203mm front rotor due to your ‘size’.

jonnyrockymountain

Shimano XT

rocketman
    Free Member

Any shouts for the Hope Tech 3 E4’s?

They’re another dimension in the world of brakes. I could go into a superlative-ridden post about how good they are but they are simply off the scale compared to XTs. Everything about them is just perfect like they’ve been designed for MTBrs by MTBrs

Buy some you will not regret it I guarantee it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What brakes ? recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.