Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What brakes?
  • magoo37
    Free Member

quite simply looking for advice on brake upgrades … currently have some Elixir 3’s but looking for something a bit more ‘trick’

Planning to do the 661 Gravity Enduro Series next year so needs to be a capable performer!!

What are you people running then?

grum
    Free Member

Formula The Ones – they’re amazing, really light and stupidly powerful. I weigh 16st plus and they stop me easily with one finger braking. I’m actually thinking of dropping down rotor sizes as I don’t need them that powerful for regular riding. Whenever anyone has a go on my bike they decide their brakes are rubbish, hehe.

I got them on offer but they were still pretty damn spendy though.

ruscle
    Free Member

Hope tech Eco V2’s with 183mm rotors, sweet looking brakes and really powerfull also easy to look after.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Anything Formula

Janesy
    Free Member

Formula R1’s Lush!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Formula’s all the way running RX’s on all my bikes and they are great, and I can forgive them the rattly levers 😀

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I’m wanting to enter a gravity enduro or two and I’m going to be replacing my front brake (hope m4) which needs a service with a Formula The One. Maybe front and rear if I have enough money.

Yes I could service the M4 but the power and weight of the formulas are very tempting.

magoo37
    Free Member

Thanks for your opinions … looks like Formulas then!

Found a good deal on some new ‘Mega’s’ .. has anyone tried them?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The Mega is just a slightly cheaper version of The One (no lever adjustment & 2 piece caliper from memory).

Never tried them myself, had a set of the original The One’s which were absolutely dire, I seemed to have all the known issues with them. Took a gamble & replaced them with a set of the updated model & they have been spot on ever since.

chakaping
    Free Member

Surprised nobody has recommended new XT 785s – especially if rose bikes are still knocking them out for £135 without rotors (search for thread on here).

I have Formula The Ones and XTs and while the Ones are like throwing a ship’s anchor out behind you, I think I prefer the XTs for their feel and ergonomics.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I like my Formula RXs. Shimanos are always good too, SLX are great value.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What brakes?’ is closed to new replies.