Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What brakes?
  • Highland28
    Free Member

What brakes do you reckon would be best suited on my mojo. I weigh around 12 stone and tend to ride my bike fairly hard (mainly at trail centres and mad xc routes from the house, with the odd trip to the alps) but my juicy 5’s have been able to stop me fine so far. So was thinking which brakes would make the best upgrade for a reasonable price. First thought was some Hope X2 which look like very nice brakes and they are hope so all the bits can be bought for them fairly easily. Or the m4 which seem to be also very well perceived but they are heavier, not that that is a major issue.I also thought of so Formula The Ones but as formula no longer have any for sale direct and so the cheapest you can get them is around £380 the pair near enough. Finally the thought of some nice XTR trail brakes would be nice but again they are more expensive then the likes of the hopes.
    So basically I am trying to see what would be best for the money. If the xtr/formula brakes are worth the extra cash or would the hopes be more suited.

Many thanks

Rorschach
    Free Member

New style xt’s.
    I’ve got the xtr’s and they are the best brakes I’ve ever used.The xt should be every bit as good but a bit heavier and cheaper.

slowboydickie

I got some magura Marta on one bike and m4 on the other. The magura are light and stop me perfectly well with 180/160 rotors I’m 16st and ride some reasonably steep and technical terrain. They’re all also easy to bleed albeit I only had to do it once in 18 months.

paul20v
    Free Member

New XTs and saints here
    in all honesty the XTs are every bit as good as the saints for what i do
    i too do mostly black routes and as much pointing down as possible i am also no light weight at 13.5stone
    in relation to hope ive had Tech M4s as well and they lacked feel and also kept leaking after numerous attempts to seal the reservoirs with new gasgets off hope (allthou free of charge) from them
    so for me the XTs would be my choice for allround performance .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What brakes?’ is closed to new replies.