• This topic has 52 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by rj.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • What book/e book are you reading at the moment !
  • grantway
    Free Member

For me.
    I am reading Undercover by Rob Evans and Paul lewis
    at the moment which is a good read being I was 18 and living in the East End of London at time.
    when all this was going on.
    Next book is The Quarry by Iain Banks

oxym0r0n

Hero on a bicycle, Shirley Hughes

coolhandluke
    Free Member

First shift, second book of the Wool trilogy, Quadrilogy, whatever, not sure how many books there are now.

deluded
    Free Member

I am reading Undercover by Rob Evans and Paul lewis

I fancy reading that myself.

chvck
    Free Member

Building Machine Learning Systems with Python, it’s bloody thrilling I can tell you.

I try not to read too many fiction books as they tend to totally absorb me and I then spend every spare moment reading the book instead of eating or the like.

EDIT: actually after I finish the above, I’m going to reread World War Z

CountZero

Currently re-reading William Gibson’s Hubertus Bigend trilogy; read Pattern Recognition, currently just over half-way through Spook Country, to be followed at some point next week by Zero History.
    Love Gibson’s books, particularly these three, this’ll be the fourth or fifth time I’ve read them.
    Reading them on my iPad, but I have the original first edition hardcovers too.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Wool trilogy is ace, waiting for book 3 to appear on audible. Currently reading (listening to) Neil Gaimans “Neverwhere”.

It’s ok. That’s about as much as I can say. American Gods is better though.

yunki
    Free Member

Mr Pratchett’s ‘thief of time’

mrblobby
    Free Member

Tom Danielson’s Core Advantage… at home, on a Friday night, I really need to get out more. Getting frustrated trying to activate my bloody TVA.

sausagefingers
    Free Member

@ coolhandluke – I’ve just started the sixth book in the Wool books and they’re very good but isn’t First Shift book number 6 ?

noteeth
    Free Member

Just finished: Charlotte Higgins Under Another Sky: Journeys in Roman Britain – brilliant.

Just started: Richard Jefferies Landscape with figures.

saxabar
    Free Member

Re-reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintanence. Brings back memories of yoof!

sausagefingers
    Free Member

@ IvanDobski

I have the first 5 wool books on audio,they are very good.
    Let me know and I can stick them on a CD for you no bother

Audiobooks FTW 😀

benji
    Free Member

The Chimp Paradox, trying to reprogramme my computer.

and when I fancy some lighter reading issue 85.

Kindle it’s perfect for bedtime reading.

athgray
    Free Member

The Reluctant Fundamentalist.

project
    Free Member

Just read, Skys the limit, again, and next is Boy Racer, mark Cavendishes book, and waiting for his new book out in the shops 7 th November 2013, on back order from Bookdepository

Northwind

Halfway through Where The Bodies Are Buried by Chris(topher) Brookmyre. I think I prefer him when he’s unhinged.

gordimhor

Teach Yourself Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which is interesting. Also reading Newton’s Wake by Ken Macleod which is interesting and fun. Not unlike his pal Iain M Banks.

woody21
    Free Member

What fresh lunacy is this – Oliver Reed’s biography

mrhoppy

The Killing Floor ( the 1st Jack Reacher novel) thought I’d see if they’re worth getting into. Can’t say they are tbh, seems very basic as far as decent stories go.

johnny_met
    Free Member

Praesagium 😉

mogrim

Finished The Pit yesterday, Dredd at his finest. Now got Day of Chaos and Trifecta to read 🙂

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Agree with Mr Hoppy – I’m struggling with the first Reacher novel as well. Finding it very mundane. Just finished “the Beating of his Wings” last book of The Left Hand of God trilogy – a series that consistently went down hill after the first book. Now reading “Kill anything that moves” about the Vietnam war by Nick Turse. Amazing and appalling – telling the real story of the millions of South Vietnamese the Americans slaughtered. You can never look at another american film about Vietnam without realising what lying bastards they were/are about what really happened in Vietnam.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

@sausagefingers – I didn’t realise the individual books were split into mini books until a while ago. I’ve listened to “Wool” and “Shift” and I’m waiting for “Dust” (I think it’s called), well worth the £7 I paid.

If you have got the next books though I’ll take you up on the offer. I can swap you for my embarrassingly eclectic assortment of zombie related fiction or hillbilly related deep south crime thrillers…

(Or deep south related zombie fiction)

samuri
    Free Member

Re-reading the flying Scotsman by obree
    A sparrow falls by Wilbur smith
    Someone here recommended carabanchel a while ago and that’s ace
    How to garden by the rhs
    How to brew beer

I like having multiple books on the go at once. 😉

sausagefingers
    Free Member

😆 sorry Ivan I just started on the Shift books which I thought was book 6.
    I agree,it’s a bit confusing but well worth it it – great books

garage-dweller

I am just about to start reading the Hundred year old man who climbed out a window (or something like that) stated it on holiday in June but didn’t finish it so time for a second attempt.

compositepro
    Free Member

skunkworks by ben rich

fingerbike
    Free Member

War of the Worlds (after a visit to Woking?!)

Northwind

I just finished War of the Worlds! It’d have been much better if I could get the bloody awful songs out of my head.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I think dust starts at 9.2.5.1 Not a straight progression though…

robowns
    Free Member

Clichéd response here, but just finished the 4th game of thrones book.

trevron73
    Free Member

The streets by Mike skinner
    awesome geezer

mattsccm
    Free Member

Got several on the go. In search of Robert Miller, Touring bikes by Tony Oliver and several by Nevil Shute.

DT78
    Free Member

Dune, with Time Crunched Cyclist waiting on the side (I don’t have the time…)

Work – Principles of Product Development Flow

roger_mellie

Re-reading Feersum Endjinn by Iain M Banks for the second time after a gap of about 15 years. Enjoying it much more this time around.

CountZero

I enjoyed Feersum Endjin much better the second time, much easier to follow the odd syntax.

Northwind

its reedin thi inturnet cript that meks it eezy 2 undirstand bascule

RustySpanner

MR James.
    Even scarier when you know how they all end.
    Right weather and season for it too.

Might give ‘Salems Lot’ a pop next. Not read it for 20 years but I loved it as a kid.

roger_mellie – Member

Re-reading Feersum Endjinn by Iain M Banks for the second time after a gap of about 15 years. Enjoying it much more this time around.

Good idea. Never got on with it and gave up.
    I’ll give it another go.

seadog101

This:

Quite ace, I’ve liked all his books so far.

And this:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘What book/e book are you reading at the moment !’ is closed to new replies.