Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What body armour ?
  • larrystumbles
    Free Member

After a big crash i’m now considering some body armour and like the look of the Sweet Protection Bearsuit. However i cant find any reviews and wondered if anyone had any experience of them or could recommend something else?

I dont ride DH, just trail riding and normally wouldnt entertain anything other than knee pads but the last crash has seen me off my bike for 8 weeks now and has been very painful.
    After something lightweight and low profile ideally rather than the big DH specific armour, only needs to have shoulder and elbow protection.

Thanks

rocketman
    Free Member

Tired of pinging off trees? Weary of using your elbows as brakes? Clean out of MTFU? What you want is 661 Subgear. It won’t protect you from direct hits but it’s great at shrugging off trail rash

aroche
    Free Member

Liking the look of the Bluegrass Grizzy, – has d30 back protector, – though not sure how good it would be as compared to a hard one

crispy1970
    Free Member

what about the G-Form shirt and shorts or do they not offer enough.

just seen them on the web whilst looking at there elbow and knee pads

sharkattack

has d30 back protector, – though not sure how good it would be as compared to a hard one

They’re great. You really forget you have them on but they’re a damn site better than skin when you land on your spine in a rock garden.

Duane…
    Free Member

What caused the crash? What injury did you get?

I think it’s fair to say that a lot of the time, body armour will stop you getting injuries that might mess up the rest of the ride (grazes, cuts etc), but not injuries that would put you out for a while (dislocations, breaks etc).

rogermoore

Nowhere near as much coverage as a bearsuit – but I really liked the look of the RaceFace Charge Elbow pads in last weeks FGF.
    RM.

honourablegeorge

+1 for the Sub Gear, as light as a riding top, pads stay in place, not restrictive, and combine with an EVOC backpack and you’re pretty well protected

larrystumbles
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions all, much appreciated

Duane… cause of crash was rider error, ended up otb on a rock garden and a fair pace. Most of impact was shoulder, elbow and head… didnt break anything thankfully but lots of swelling and cuts and the biggest bruise of my life. Its left me with a large lump on the joint of my shoulder and is still very uncomfortable even now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What body armour ?’ is closed to new replies.