Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • what bmx for cruising around a skatepark
  • jamesg55
    Free Member

Very soon I can see my lad wanting to go to our local park to scooter.
    Well why can’t I join in the fun. pretty sure I could learn some stalls, disaster and few tweaked airs over the driveway box.

had a quick google and not knowing anything about bmx apart from watching harry mains vlog every so often. I found the madmain of mafia bikes site. looked to be £220 depending on colour. any comments on that bike plus other suggestions?

eb2429
    Free Member

Get a PK Ripper, Quadangle, Skyway TA, or SuperGoose.

Sorry just showing my age 😳

And not for that money either I think

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Hutch Pro Star, Haro Master or Sport, GT Pro Performer in banana yellow.

I must be the same age as eb2429

Slightly more seriously though, I have a similar quandary with my boy. However, I will be looking at 26″ jump / park mtbs for the same job.

jamesg55
    Free Member

did think that about a 26inch. but I think it’ll be cheaper going full bmx

anono

My lad’s focus has recently moved from biking to scooting which was originally a bit difficult to deal with, until I picked up a BMX from ebay – £50 – Haro Intro Lite (including the “eyeball” and “skull and crossbones” dust caps).

Never done BMX before, and old enough to be the granddad of most people at the skate park, so progress is slow, but its great excuse to get some more biking in.

anono

BTW – telling people you’re going “cruising” around the skate park could get you into a lot of trouble – you might want to find a more innocuous phrase.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

SE Fat Ripper?

ssbnreso
    Free Member

Raleigh Burner for the win!

ads678

I’ve just knocked up single speed 26″ street/bmx track cruiser for this very reason. Admittedly I only had to buy some rigid forks and a headset which cost me the princely sum of £37!!

Sorry no help to the OP though…

sharkattack

Start by cruising this LINK

I used to ride BMX loads and be quite handy now I can’t stand sitting on one. I’ve just built a 26″ jump bike and I love it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘what bmx for cruising around a skatepark’ is closed to new replies.