Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 114 total)
  • What bmx did you have back in the day?
  • enduroforever
    Free Member

Yea that was me who sold you the knife. You got a good deal lol

neallyman
    Free Member

Raleigh burner. Tremendous.

AndyF1
    Free Member

I had this untill a few years ago. I got an offer i couldnt refuse.

Mk1 Raleigh Pro Burner.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Pro star MX1 (1982/3)
    DP freestyler (chrome, lilac mags, GT bars).
    KHE Beater
    S&M Holmes
    Haro racebike
    DK legacy
    Brew pro XL (now)

jonnyrockymountain

Normal rally burner then moved onto a wonderful aero pro burner (just really wish I still had it)

Trekster

bmx hadn’t been invented in my day “way back then” 😆
    Son had/has one of these and raced it in the ’80s

oliverd1981
    Free Member

An orange Halfords Stormer

pacerc200
    Free Member

Curtis expert with acorn mags, built July ’84. It’s hanging in my garage waiting for a bit of loving.

Pook

Red and yellow Raleigh Burner. My mum gave it to next door’s kid about 8 years ago, who wrecked it, then lost it.

Gutted.

Northwind

This thread is almost inspiring me to take my Haro down off the garage wall and ride it a bit. Almost.

rascal
    Free Member

BSA Javelin – a 5 spd yellow gate!

yunki
    Free Member

I remember seeing this pic in a magazine and not sleeping properly for a week..

coastkid
    Free Member

Being a school mate of Andrew Hobson here in East Lothian in the mid 80s i bought many of his frames as he upgraded,
    PK Ripper, Quadangle, Skyway Ta, Harry Leary Diamond Back, Mk 1 Haro Freestyler. The Quadangle was my last BMX, a 1984 chrome looptale.
    We rode the same bikes to race and to ride at Livingstone skatepark, just swap the wire wheels for Skyway mags for livi, great times, amazing bikes, just wish i had kept a couple of them and Go Pros were available to catch it all on film… 🙂

williams
    Free Member

Nashiki frame, araya wheels, gt layback post, shimano DX pedals, Mx brake levers
    With Dia comp brake with quick release.
    Loved that bike I went everywhere on it from about 13-17/18
    Wish I’d kept hold of it

Simon

Mugboo

Rebel Freestyler (twin top tubes like the Haro) with red Skyways. Watched a frame and forks in survivor condition do £230 on eBay recently 🙁

Nobby

Raleigh Burner with yellow skyways.
    Ammaco Team Pro in chrome & blue.
    Supergoose in chrome with red skyways.
    Torker 280x with a set of ACS z-rims.

Wish I still had the Torker despite the fact that it tried to kill me 🙂

simon_g

The birthday when I got my Super Burner (and team Halfords kit!):

SOAP
    Free Member

Skyway Ta was my favourite of the 80’s

Standard STA for the 90’s

MarinNo8
    Free Member

The first one was a Hoffman Evel Knievel Ltd edition for approx 2 weeks. In hindsight I wish I had kept it but it weighed a ton! Then a Hoffman Flash XL which I still have. That has one of the first sets of Profile SS that came into the country, Primo hubs, Sun Ringle rims and pedals and dx brake. Got a brand new pair of white Oakley grips to go on one day. Also have a Raleigh Mini Burner which I picked up recently awaiting a refurb. Was lucky to have been around some great bmx racers/characters in my youth.

tlr

Super Burner here too. Awesome fun.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I had a Peugeot BMX~ tried an image search, but no joy~ was similar colour scheme to AndyF1s pro burner with blue bits above, but with Blue Mags to give a more intensive level of Bluedom. Never did try popping the wheels in the freezer to true them despite the rumours.

By some strange fate, I drive a blue Peugeot, with colour matched interior!!

Peugeot also make pepper grinders!!

clubber
    Free Member

Another burner like this. God I loved it.

aa
    Free Member

wow, what a great thread.

Now, how many old bmxers now ride singlespeeds?

sheephills
    Free Member

Soap – is that The ramp in Eastern London, uset to ride it in 89, got some photos somewhere of Juice and Jerry Galley riding awsome..

kimbers

I had one of these in blue/yellow

even used to do my paper round on it

davieg
    Free Member

Raleigh Night Burner followed by a Diamond Back Formula One.

charliedontsurf

Dp firebird In Fluro orange, with white acorn mags. Sorry no pictures just fond memories.

smoothchicken

Raleigh Ultra Burner with ridiculously wide CW bars, loved every minute of it. Anyone have those bendy Z-rims, seem to recall my mate constantly putting them in the freezer over night to straighten them out!

charliedontsurf

Shit I feel old, but loving the pictures.

ads678

No idea what my first one was but after that got nicked I got turquoise white and pink raliegh styler mag. I loved that bike, that got nicked as well. The Townsend mtb I got after that just wasn’t as much fun!

Not mine but just like this bad boy!

raleigh atyler mag by Adam Branston, on Flickr]null

SOAP
    Free Member

Very ramp was Rochford and the trails were in Rayleigh Essex.
    Good times

takisawa2

1983…A Kays catalogue BMX called a Rustler, made by O’Brian Cycles in Coventry. A monumental POS. Crank snapped after a week.

1998…I’m passing a bike shop in Kings Heath…20 mins later I’m wheeling this out the door…

IMG_5386 by pten2106, on Flickr

Yes, its covered in rust. I have some original black coaster brake Skyways to go on it.

matty456
    Free Member

I have still got my Rickman Freestyler from I think 1984, reynolds 531 tubing, Rickman bars, Pro Neck stem, Dia Compe freestyle brakes, Skyway Tuff II wheels, Elina UL seat post, SR seat clamp, GT epoch headset, Tuffneck chain wheel, GT fork standers, Shimano DX pedals etc etc. Really lovely condition Thinking of selling it to fund a full sus! COOL 8)

bigblackshed

Not trying to gloat, but I had some great BMXs back in the day. Started with a Raleigh Super Burner. Silver and Blue.

Chrome Firebird Freestyler.
    Mark 1 Torker made chrome Haro Freestyler with black Skyways.
    Swapped the frame for a SE Quadangle.
    Swapped that frame for a pink Hutch Freestyler.
    Swapped that frame for a white Skyway TA.
    Swapped that frame for a SE PK Ripper with black Landing Gear forks. Black Z rims, Renthal bars. Jump bike before “jump bikes”
    Kept that one.

Then with the proceeds of 5 paper rounds and working for my uncle in his car body shop, bought a green mark 2 Haro Sport with the small platforms on the chain stays and removable platforms on the forks. Built it up black and chrome, with black Skyways, Redline flite cranks, Dia-Compe 9000s, Elina Flite saddle, Redline forklifter stem and bars. Potts mod on the front brake.

My brother went through a few too. He ended up with a GT Freestyler in Candy Apple Red with white Skyways and all white GT parts. Ala Eddie Fiola, 1985 Kelloggs Champs.

We were BMX gods in our town. Nearly all of our mates had good BMXs too. During the school summer holidays we would ride for 12-14 hours a day. I remember some days it felt weird when you walked anywhere. As in, I’ve forgotten how to walk!!!

Euro
    Free Member

One of these

Followed by 4 of these (I abused the warranty for 11 years 😀 )

And finally this.

Can’t believe that’s only 3 bikes in 25 years of riding.

rotten
    Free Member

Raleigh something Burner
    DP Freestyler
    DP Freestyler GL plus
    TRM
    Kuwahara the one with twin downtubes
    Anyone have Action Zone handlebars? cool as.

ryreed
    Free Member

Mongoose Supergoose – 85 ish
    Amacco Freestyle – 87/88
    Haro Shredder – early 90s

Neil-F
    Free Member

Raleigh Extra Burner, which was white and red and looked like the ET bike.
    got loads of nice parts for it through hard saving from my paper round, (and a wee bit shoplifting! 😆 )then transfered them to a DP Freestyler in a lovely smoke finish, with Landing Gear and white Z-rim wheels and white Comp ST Tyres.

Good times. 😀

eyerideit
    Free Member

Can’t remember the bike, but it was a halfords job.

But did have the halfords trousers.

*uses SimonG’s image for illustration*

velomanic
    Free Member

Raleigh Gold Burner with black mags, my brother and I (who had a Falcon Pro) used to build ramps in the street and jump over the kids from next door…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘What bmx did you have back in the day?’ is closed to new replies.