Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What Bluetooth HRM?
  • Murray

3 year old Wahoo Blue has just died (looks like failed o ring let in water due to ham fisted user). What’s good now or should I just get another Wahoo?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I’m considering one of these,

http://www.scosche.com/rhythm+

patience has ran out with my current Garmin chest strap and I’m wondering if an optical HR monitor would do the trick and stop the random 205bpm readings. Dual Ant+/Bluetooth so it means it’ll work with everything.

The Mrs is getting a Mio Fuse for Xmas which I’m going to have a go with on the bike but think the position on the wrist will be distracting on the bike.

jam-bo

I’ve got the Topeak panobike hrm which has been good but thinking about replacing with a mio velo optical one.

Murray

Hadn’t heard of the Rythm+ – it’s got a good review http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/11/winter-gadget-recommendations.html

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Just tried to order the Scosche HR monitor, show as $80 with a $32 discount today! Comes out as ~£35!! Was trying to order on Paypal but it won’t let me

Murray

Tried that too and emailed suppory support. PayPal is USA only for TT that merchant
    No 🙁

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Well scratch that purchase! Put all the crap in manually, it bumps the price up to £60 +£40 shipping!! WTAF?!

leffeboy

I’m wondering if an optical HR monitor would do the trick and stop the random 205bpm readings

fwiw I found that my Garmin stopped misbehaving if I put a small amount of Vaseline or other cream between the contacts. Haven’t had any hassle since

Still was looking at the scosche though to get Bluetooth bit not sure it is justified

Murray

Now looking at the Mio Fuse.

Much more expensive but it looks cool!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

The Mrs got one for Xmas, it’s actually really nice! Obviously she’s not had a chance to test it yet but when I tried it this morning it found my resting HR really quickly and it was plausible. I’d be tempted by one but due to the wrist position think it’d get messed about by the constant moving on the MTB and the fact I rest my wrist on the bars on the road bike.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

fwiw I found that my Garmin stopped misbehaving if I put a small amount of Vaseline or other cream between the contacts. Haven’t had any hassle since

Yeah I should give this a go but it’s just extra faff when riding from work!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What Bluetooth HRM?’ is closed to new replies.