• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What Bluetooth headphones for turboing?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Appears after being told off by the better half my new speaker is too loud 🙁

So after headphone recommendations now!

orangespyderman

I’ll do the usual and recommend what I have

stevious

There’ll be a few folks recommending Backbeat Fits. They’re really sweatproof but if your turbo is loud they do let in a lot of noise.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of these…

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/stereo-bluetooth-headset-sbh20/

You can usually pick them up for about 25 quid. You can plug any headphones into them if the ones that come with it don’t suit (my turbo is LOUD so need good fitting ones, turns out the ones it comes with are pretty good.) And a pair is really handy as running out of battery halfway through a session is very annoying so good to have another on charge.

Edit… I had the backbeat fit but the noise from the turbo and fans overwhelmed it. If you have a relatively quiet turbo it’s ok.

funkweasel
    Free Member

BBFits are what I have, and they’re great. I’d recommend them. But as above they don’t make any attempt to cut out any external noise.

fasthaggis

Pop down to the nearest TKmaxx.
    Got a set of SMS sync 50s for £30

Yo,as used by 🙂

MrPottatoHead

Was also having the same dilemma. I have some decent earphones already. Has anyone tried a rechargeable Bluetooth receiver out so I could continue to use those as an alternative to buying new headphones. e.g.

This kind of thing

damskivitch
    Free Member

Anker (seriously) Bluetooth headphones are brilliant IMHO. I’ve got the SoundBuds Sport IE20, just have to get used to charging them up when you aren’t using them, but they sound great. Amazon is your friend on this one.
    Anker Bluetooth speakers are pretty good too.

Markie
    Free Member

My wife uses Jaybird X2’s on the rowing machine – she loves them.

martinhutch

My Plantronics are really, really quiet. Or I’m a bit deaf.

DT78
    Free Member

currently those SMS or Ankers are winning. Budget is less than £50 so that rules out those jaybirds.

will be used with movies and TV so needs to be loud enough to hear speech over the turbo, which is the issue I had with my speaker, had to turn it up loud enough to hear speech and then music or action was too loud and woke up the baby

Markie
    Free Member

Perhaps go for the anker’s (a brand I like, FWLIW) and then if they don’t fit your ears or block the turbo sound sufficiently but a set of jay bird replacement earbuds for £10?

My wife is hilariously unable to hear the rest of the world when she has her earphones in, even when off, and that must (must?!) be due to the earbud bit?

Anyhow she can hear nothing except for the sound of the tv being pumped into her brain at the volume of her choosing (even low), and I reckon a rowing machine is as loud as a turbo?

Although that said, amazon are great with returns so maybe buy, try and then return if they don’t work for you?

alexxx
    Free Member

Can I hijack the thread and ask what’s regarded as a quiet turbo?

martymac

Memory foam earbuds are excellent for blocking out external noises, you can buy them for most earbuds.

DT78
    Free Member

Remembered I have a set of aftershock bone conducting headphones in the bottom of the drawer which were useless on the road. I’m going to try combining them with foam ear plugs to cancel the noise of the turbo.

My turbo is pretty quiet, Wahoo kickr, anything that is direct drive is likely to be a lot quieter than Rear wheel driven

mrblobby
    Free Member

My turbo is pretty quiet, Wahoo kickr, anything that is direct drive is likely to be a lot quieter than Rear wheel driven

My direct drive Lemond is about the loudest thing out there. I have that with two 18″ floor fans. Those Sony ones I linked to up there ^^^ with the seperate Bluetooth module work for me on max volume. Ones that don’t plug the ear are useless.

I’m mildly concerned about long term hearing damage, I’m tempted by a Neo just because of this.

rone

Jaybirds x2 or blubuds X.

Great sound and connection. Slightly awkward fit.

DT78
    Free Member

I tested the aftershokz with foam earplugs this morning. worked really well and very pleased, only did a tempo session and you can hear you heart rate which was a little odd. Definitely could hear the audio clearly. They were rubbish on road, but seem a good solution indoors. I have the bluez2 version

Added advantage is I could pause / start the programme as the iPad is out of reach

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What Bluetooth headphones for turboing?’ is closed to new replies.